You forgot...

16. Turn the key and fire her up!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: Revell '56 Ford F-100-What's Left............11/26

Post by KSaarni »

This will be just so great build when it's ready!!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Stuart: You forgot......I've already got the keys in the front seat. lol

Kari: Thanks buddy and I'm ready too.

In working with the inner wells, I managed to get the R/H side in but I need to reform/ or just start over with the L/H side as it didn't fit that good. Funny how one can test fit till they turn blue and when "that day" comes it doesn't want to fit anymore :what: ....strange!
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

I do think you may have a real winner there. For the life of me I cant figure out why I haven't built a four wheeler yet. :bored:
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Man thanks Paul. This build has been very tricky for me in maintaining the look of a build that "fits". My 1970 Challenger that I built here followed the guidelines of "Factory Stock". My 37 Chevy Gasser had the guidelines of a gasser rod. I had plenty of photographs and reference for both but this whole "Custom Build" thing follows no such guidelines. I mean I've got pictures of the real thing and have even checked out a local 56 Ford F-100 but when I decided to build a truck from my head, suddenly the rule book changed. This is a total imaginary build I've had going on in my head now for the last 3 years and I've got pieces from over 7 different models and lots of AM and scratchbuilt stuff compiled together and if it doesn't look like it "belongs" then the build won't feel right. So far I feel like it's going okay but won't know until I'm done with it wether it looks like a great model or "Frankenstein" . lol
I keep chippin' away at it though and am hoping for the best. Thank you and all the rest of you who have "chimed in " to encourage me on this new endeavor. I'm definitely looking forward to another "guidelined" build though I can tell ya that! :whistle:
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

This may not seem like a big deal to some but it's a major breakthrough for me in the fact that I've got the R/H inner fender well installed. The hard part was just getting the thing to fit. I managed to get the interior/ engine bay isolators at both sides of the firewall installed as well. I had to cut a 3rd fender well out for the L/H side and after stripping the protective coat and polishing up the insides is now in the paint booth with the wheel side of it drying / curing out.

One step closer.... :dancing:

Handiabled
Master Member

Re: Revell '56 Ford F-100-Inner fender well progress-12/09

Post by Handiabled »

Looking great Stang! Almost there!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Let's see....outstanding, magnificent, incredible detail, amazing work....yep, that is it. Wow.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Looking sharp! You've got this on the run!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

well well!!

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”