AFV Club 1/35 M41A3 Walker Bulldog

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
speedgraflex

Re: AFV Club 1/35 M41A3 Walker Bulldog

Post by speedgraflex »

Thank you, Torben! Once you start imagining all of those men coming to life, the scene takes on even more meaning. For a free sculpt, in clay, that just blows my mind. It’s as close to Willis O’Brien and Marcella Delgado and the whole King Kong miniatures department from 1933 as we are likely to ever see... which is probably why Del Toro commissioned Davidson to build a Harryhausen maquette.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

ARRIVAL

Thank you, USA Gundam. You are the best.

I made the mistake of huffing it to test the aroma, though. I now have a migraine hanging over my head like a busted egg.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh I do love the Ray Harryhausen stuff!

And the sculpted King scene is pretty awesome too!

And no huffing the Gunze products! LOL!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks so much for checking in, Carlos! I am a huuuuuuge fan of Harryhausen’s monsters and myths, too.

Any thoughts on part IDs, for the Probe Droid capsules? Imperial Probe Droids need armor and rockets to move around; these are the two launched from the ISD at the opening of ESB.

I heard from Tank Workshop that the searchlight is on its way!!! Thank you!!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Bruce, the smaller one is made from sdkfz 222/223 hulls. The larger one is made from sdkfz 232 hulls. I’d need to see them on a bigger screen to pick out detail part sources.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks so much, Carlos!

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Now after seeing the raw base parts, they are quite obvious under the gray paint. That is some kind of road wheel from a tank on the front end of the smaller craft.

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

speedgraflex wrote:ARRIVAL

Thank you, USA Gundam. You are the best.

I made the mistake of huffing it to test the aroma, though. I now have a migraine hanging over my head like a busted egg.
Good catch Bruce!

And indeed, the smell is very strong!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Hi Kari! I miss seeing your posts and look forward to seeing your updates; nudge-nudge-nudge...! I don’t know how to handle this smelly liquid Surfacer! I was thinking to try using a match to spread the “Surfacer” on the surface then put the painted section outside to de-gas away far away from me; oh, and to wear a mask as well. As an alternate, perhaps I will use a “runny” version of Milliput by adding clean water to the mixture once the A/B components are active! At least the smell of “wet earth” is easier to handle for me.

I also was thinking about adding a bulb to the searchlight, with a simple wiring, but I think I am just dreaming. I think I have seen one too many lighted Enterprise models this month!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’d say add the power cable for the light. But I think that light had armored shutters, so unless you plan on doing some surgery to the TW light...

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”