AFV Club 1/35 M41A3 Walker Bulldog

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
speedgraflex

Re: AFV Club 1/35 M41A3 Walker Bulldog

Post by speedgraflex »

Am I dreaming or does this look hollow or at least a cylinder open on one end?? (I just spent thirty minutes assembling and using the Mr. Surfacer on one road wheel. Is it really going to take me five hours to finish all ten road wheels?)

I have had the windows open and the fans hurtling air at me for far too long but at least I don't feel woozy.... oh, wait—Carlos, you mean the disk with the shutters so I have to make another disk with open shutters. Gotcha. Hopin' that piece shows up t'morrrow!

Kinda like this:

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Don’t get high on that stuff!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:hmm: In for a penny, in for a pound... ah why not? Go for it... :whistle:

Headlights too perhaps? :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Good advice, BlackSheep! S’funny, “The Big Lebowski” was on cable a coupla’ nights ago. Such a gently accurate and affectionate portrait of the stoner lifestyle of Southern California. We all abide!

Carlos, I was thinking about headlights, but I am not sure about wiring them yet. With the search light the big cable runs from the light itself to where on the tank’s turret? Is this too toylike to add these modifications to essentially a static model? Hm.

Slowly, steadily:

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

To each his own Bruce. I think lighting up a high quality kit like this is more bling/wow than toylike. I have yet to come across any good clear photos of the searchlight on a M41 Bruce. So I can’t say where the cable comes out from under the armor.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks so much, Carlos! I was wondering if lighting armor and aircraft was a demerit point; I am used to lighting spacecraft as you wrote for “bling/wow.” A simple lighting setup with a watch battery does not require a resistor, so, should be straightforward. I do not know how the wiring harness was attached, but I assume the slack in the line has to be enough for the barrel to move up and down. I was thinking to use the opening-closing action of the largest hatch as a switch. Thanks again!!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
kahunaminor
Advanced Member

Post by kahunaminor »

Light that sucker!

Regards,
Kent in Oz
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

kahunaminor wrote:Light that sucker!

Regards,
Thank you, sir! This is gonna happen! I sincerely appreciate your encouragement, Kent!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

speedgraflex wrote:Thanks so much, Carlos! I was wondering if lighting armor and aircraft was a demerit point; I am used to lighting spacecraft as you wrote for “bling/wow.” A simple lighting setup with a watch battery does not require a resistor, so, should be straightforward. I do not know how the wiring harness was attached, but I assume the slack in the line has to be enough for the barrel to move up and down. I was thinking to use the opening-closing action of the largest hatch as a switch. Thanks again!!
I don't think lighting a tank or AFV is a demerit. If they light up in real life, why would it be? I know a guy in our IPMS club who lit up the interior of a 1/72 scale M-113 APC so you could see all the great detail he put inside.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Duke! Duke! Duke!

Thank you so much for your comments—I feel tentative because it is considered acceptable and encouraged as part of the accuracy for science fiction subjects to add lighting kits; you make me feel better about proceeding with adding the same to armor! Thanks mucho mucho.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”