IPMS USA Nationals

list upcoming events, post pictures of events that have taken place.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: IPMS USA Nationals

Post by Duke Maddog »

LOL! I guess they do too. I was expecting a bit more hair on him though...

Adam! Yes, that is his name! What a great guy he is! I do recall that he said at the Nationals that it may be some time before he can return to the Forms, but I don't recall why. Hopefully he does come back soon.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Okay, here's my Photobucket Albums of the pics I took at the Nationals. First one is all the general models (mostly ships it seems):

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Duke_Ma ... t=4&page=1

This Album is all Braille Scale armor for those who wish to check it out. If not, don't click on it! LOL!

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Duke_Ma ... t=4&page=1

I make it a point to take all the pics of small scale armor because whenever anyone else shoots at shows like this; they invariably only post pics of 1/35th scale armor and almost never the small scale stuff unless it's some magnificent model beyond the pale.

Anyway, these are all I have. I wanted to get more, but I spent three IPMS days with my seven nephews. This truly defines "herding cats" trying to keep up with all of them.

Enjoy!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

Duke Maddog wrote:He did and he placed... three times at least. The Dornier took a prize.

Fermis' iconic Barracuda was a real center of interest:

Skinner drooling over it:

:bag:

Last edited by Manny1943 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

That Havoc/Invader looks sweet, Manny.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

BlackSheep214 wrote:That Havoc/Invader looks sweet, Manny.
I agree...
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Awesome pics Manny! Your other models look so fantastic as well; you certainly deserved every award.

Looks like I missed one helluva party too! You guys rock!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

JimD wrote:Where's the pics of the entertainment if you get my drift...since it's a family friendly place you can PM them :)

The post - IPMS Nationals party:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTIzYJNKo8s

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:hmm: I think Fermis found his entertainment on the Pirates of the Caribbean set... :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stikpusher wrote::hmm: I think Fermis found his entertainment on the Pirates of the Caribbean set... :giggles:
ROFLMAO!!

Return to “Shows and contests”