1:48 Junkers D.1

Post your completed aircraft here.
Cherrylock
Addicted Member

1:48 Junkers D.1

Post by Cherrylock »

Here is my Roden Junkers D.1, it was the beginning of Junkers metal aircrafts, it has a good restitance aginst bad wether conditions and a good stanging when enemy fire make hooles th the fuselage..but it was a heavy aircraft, so it was too slow and not agil enought.

The kit is real good, need th keep some atention to the wing front edge and has terrible hard decals, with this profiled structure it is a big problem, take micro sol, but does not help, so thanks to the tip with laquier thinner, it was ok.

5185/18, Westfront, Herbst 1918

CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Re: 1:48 Junkers D.1

Post by CallSignOWL »

yikes! that corrugation is scarry stuff!!
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Neat bird. That looks like it would be great fun to fly.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Cherrylock
Addicted Member

Post by Cherrylock »

it is a rea different WW 1 aircraft and you see the beginning of Junkers idea of alu struture, nest step the Junkers F-13 and than the famous Ju52...love the definition of camo too, violette green..extrem diffent to the todays gray.. :writing:
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

I love your Junkers...and junk.

Looks like you could have used some decal setting solution on some of them cals to get em snuggled in those corrugations... :hmm:
Cherrylock
Addicted Member

Post by Cherrylock »

Manny1943 wrote:I love your Junkers...and junk.

Looks like you could have used some decal setting solution on some of them cals to get em snuggled in those corrugations... :hmm:

thanks manny, I used micro sol, but this helped not much, so I remeberd Montys tip and used universal thinner, the same thinner I use for revell colors, and it worked better, but on some points the the thinner was to aggressive to the decals and I have to paint tis issue, was the first time .

Return to “Completed Builds”