54 Chevy Sedan Delivery-COMPLETED 09/16

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
mustang1989

Re: 54 Chevy Sedan Delivery-Interior Progress-04/23

Post by mustang1989 »

LOL! Thanks Kari!

Well I spent dang near an hour this morning at the bench. It was enough to get the seat belts assembled and finished..........

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: 54 Chevy Sedan Delivery-Seat Belts--05/03

Post by Duke Maddog »

Sharp work Mustang! I also love the mats! This is looking great!

I'll continue praying for your wife's healing. Take care of her, family always comes first.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Mark! I was working on the rear flooring this morning. Lots of cutting and filing............LOTS. :headslap:
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Rather than risk either using the originals or bolotching the things up myself, I outsourced the decal restoration project. While he was doing that I had him add a personalized license plate with the newer style Texas plate format so that it could be read easier. I thought the RUQWKR was in order. lol

Paul
Addicted Member

Re: 54 Chevy Sedan Delivery-Decal Sheet-05/08

Post by Paul »

that will do the trick
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Paul. After a long self debate I decided to use the kit supplied decals to stay true to the Street Demons theme.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Ok fellas. Finally some worthwhile benchtime this morning. I managed to modify the OOB rear flooring to fit around the wheel tubs in the back and mate up to the original front floor section almost perfectly. I shot primer, then the red coat and then flocked it after the red had dried. So far so good. The wheel tub coloring / flocking is up next.

From here:

To here:

dogfish7

Re: 54 Chevy Sedan Delivery-Rear Flooring-05/14

Post by dogfish7 »

You're making some great progress there fella. I forget, have you chose a body color yet?
So many models.... so little time.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Mustang that interior is really looking great! Nice work!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Bruce: Thanks pal. Yes I'll be going with the OOB color scheme and decals.

Mark: Thanks for the good word!

Well as some of you might've figured from the get go......that big ass couch aint going to work! It's too tall and takes up way too much room in the back. I even trimmed out the bottom of it so the wheel tub would fit up inside the bottom of the couch and it was still too tall. No worries though. I broke out the bench seat from the kit and filled in the area at the center of the couch where the transmission hump cut out was and have it primed so far. I also tossed the coffee table from the equation as the TV was sitting up too high and would've hit the roof. I replaced that with a section of clear plastic from Evergreen and painted it black on the back side to give it that "black glass" look. I'm currently working on the L angled two legs for the front of the table. I believe this....is more doable. I still have to carpet the side of the R/H wheel tub but I'm makin' some progress anyhow.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”