Panzer iv

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Panzer iv

Post by CallSignOWL »

My club is having a Panzer GB, so I figured Id give armor another try. I had the monogram Panzer IV in the stash, so that's what Ill be going with. Im not going to go too crazy with this, as I am more focuses on the build and finish--so no scratchbuilding an interior and no AM parts.

I did bring up my collection of random 1/35 bits, so we'll see where that goes ;)

:tank: :tank: :tank:
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Re: Panzer iv

Post by CallSignOWL »

Reference pics....

(kinda want to do that last pic as a diorama, but I dont know iff I'll have time...)
Last edited by CallSignOWL on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

CallSignOWL wrote: Image:
Blooming 'eck - that bloke in the turret is about to have that grin wiped off his face when he sees what's over his shoulder!

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this Owl.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That is the first large scale tank kit that I ever built, way back when! Good choice :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

hey, I think these are the same tank!

I guess that means Im doing this one then!!

:tank:
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

modeling mojo comes and goes, but since the GB deadline is in a month, I need to get crackin!!

hull assembled

with turret and gun ready for some cleaning up

...its a tank!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The Monogram kit has feature from several later versions. A G sprocket , a J turret, and the gun tube, hatches, and other features from Hs & Js. I suspect it was probably based on a museum tank that was cobbled together from various wrecks.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

Stikpusher wrote:The Monogram kit has feature from several later versions. A G sprocket , a J turret, and the gun tube, hatches, and other features from Hs & Js. I suspect it was probably based on a museum tank that was cobbled together from various wrecks.
...I wouldnt know enough to tell the difference between any of those. I guess i'll just refer to it as a generic Panzer? :hmm:
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

An oldie but a goodie indeed. Following this one.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

CallSignOWL wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:The Monogram kit has feature from several later versions. A G sprocket , a J turret, and the gun tube, hatches, and other features from Hs & Js. I suspect it was probably based on a museum tank that was cobbled together from various wrecks.
...I wouldnt know enough to tell the difference between any of those. I guess i'll just refer to it as a generic Panzer? :hmm:
LOL! Well, at least a late model Panzer IV since it has the schurzen, long gun, etc. when compared to the
F1 and earlier versions. But with a little work you can make a more accurate late G, H, or J, depending upon what you add, leave off, or alter. Or just go straight OOB...

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”