revell 1/32 Fw 190-F8

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Paul
Addicted Member

revell 1/32 Fw 190-F8

Post by Paul »

I started with the engine on this thing. It is all about 9 parts and done. It has good fit and I think it looks nice.

For the shading of the cylinders I shot it with Vallejo silver and did a sludge wash of Dark gray pigment mixed with micro set as a carrier. It flowed in the nooks real well.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: revell 1/32 Fw 190-F8

Post by Duke Maddog »

Micro set as a carrier? That is an interesting idea! Way to go for thinking of that. It looks to be a very effective technique. Nice work!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

You're off to a good start :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
kahunaminor
Advanced Member

Post by kahunaminor »

Nice start Paul,

There are a few of these starting to hit the WIP stage, I am looking forward to watching how it unfolds.

Regards,
Kent in Oz
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Nice engine!
Not much to see behind the cooling fan later anyway, so you did it the right way. Ensure some good contrasts and there you go.
lawman56
Advanced Member

Post by lawman56 »

I have to confess, one of my favorite things about radial engines, is how great they look when given a wash. This looks exceptionally realistic!
Joe

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

Thanks guys.
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

trudging along

I may have to leave all the panels open if I can get away with it. Not really a bad kit.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Amazing work on that engine man! It looks like it'll fire right up! Keep trudging man!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

Got some color on it today (yaaay). All together it isn't a bad kit but it does have a couple of issues with fit on the cowl being that it has so many parts to it I really didn't expect it to fit like a Tamigawa
kit. It is, though, meant to be displayed with the cowl panels open. I would build another one being fair warned about some of the small issues. Come to think of it I should have done a build review on it since I am not aware of any for this kit.

I know that this is an F-8 but I am choosing to build it as an A-8 from Jg 301 though I don't have the colors correct either but I do with as I have.

Have a look see.

I am looking forward to getting it all weathered up.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”