How to learn Panzer driving...

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
tigrazor
Addicted Member

How to learn Panzer driving...

Post by tigrazor »

Good evening.

Once upon a time I got a great kit from a 50% off sale in a toy shop around (and not only this one). To be honest, I never seen this kit before but knew that Tristar tanks are a safe buy so to speak. I looked in the box of the Panzerkampfwagen I Ausf. A ohne Aufbau (=w/o turret) and was overwhelmed. Sharp details, PE parts. Single tracks. And even two figures - what can go wrong for 15€ only?

Some words about the history of the tank - directly from the box:

Prevented by the Treaty of Versailles from possessing or manufacturing tanks or similarly designed armored fighting vehicles, Germany skirted the treaty restrictions by producing 15 tank hulls without superstructures, turrets or armament. To spread production experience as far as possible, five companies had been selected in 1933 to produce three vehicles each. The official designation "Landwirtschaftlicher Schlepper" helped to disguise the fact that any type of tracked armored vehicle was being manufactured.

Designed as a training vehicle, the turretless Krupp tractor was not intended for combat. In spring of 1934, it was issued to the first two Panzer regiments, Kraftfahrlehrkommando Zossen and Ohrdruf* to give the troops their first experience of driving a fully tracked armoured vehicle. Krupp-Gruson-Werk was awarded a contract to overhaul these 1st Serie/La.S chassis and convert them into training vehicles by adding a rail.

*note: The Truppenübungsplatz Ohrdruf is still active today and the German Bundeswehr uses it. Went there in 2001 when I did my military service. ;)

So... this is it so far. The factory building from Reality In Scale is a project for its own I guess. Base just for playing around for the moment.

"Did you really pay a big amount of money for only half a figure?!"

FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002809527929
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: How to learn Panzer driving...

Post by Stuart »

Cool looking project Lucas!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Sitting on the fender like in the box art looks very unsafe. But a very interesting subject, you do not see those training tanks modelled very often.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

This looks interesting. I like it. Do you have pics of yourself in the old training tank?
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

No pictures of an old training tank, but an old factory around with all access. ;)

Took three days to create the cobblestones by hand. Id say the base is ready for some paint now and the start of the little tank can begin. :)

tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

Chassis complete.

So far no issues with the kit, with a small exception: Tristar mixed up some part numbers. No problem if you dryfit before and look closely.

BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

:popcorn:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

BorgR3mc0 wrote::popcorn:
:that:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

Thank you.

Glued and dryfit the engine today. Cute little thing, and full of details as well - fit is perfect as usual so far.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Now that is one beautifully detailed kit!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”