Joe's Auto Garage-Coke Machine-10/25

Here is the place to show off the progress on your figurines and dioramas.
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: Joe's Auto Garage-Burgers & Fries-07/07

Post by Thomas_M »

Superbe! :shoutout:
I almost can smell those fries!
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Thomas. Speaking of which.....I'm getting hungry now. lol
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Your subtle washes bring out the details, Joe. I would send this photo to Mig Productions to show 'em how versatile their products are. Seriously! Holy cow between two pieces of bread! This thread makes me hungry!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Bruce. Those guys (Mig) have been around for a little bit now so they've got it figured out by now. lol

I know about the hungry thang. I had to fix all of us here burgers and fries for dinner last night. :giggles:
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Walls are coming together and I've got a couple of more things done here. The welder I've actually had about 80% completed for years now and didn't realize that until I opened the box up again for the first time in like...........a decade. I just finished the engine stand and am now working on the shop desk. Right now that doesn't have anything on it but I'm working on painting up a camera, then there'll be a coffee pot and a couple of cups and some other miscellaneous things on there. I added a couple of items in there just for fun.

And here's the desk and chair that I've been working on for the last week. I ended up building the resin coffee pot kit that I had, the camera came from the Fujimi tools kit as did the chair. Coffee cup is resin and was cleaned up and drilled out. Coffee can is also a resin kit. I felt something was missing from the desk top so I've got a microwave kit coming and will probably put a piece of notebook paper and a pencil on the desktop as well.

mustang1989

Re: Joe's Auto Garage-Overall Progress-08/05

Post by mustang1989 »

A little overall update this morning after I've got a couple of more items knocked off of the list. I got my shelves painted and assembled but still have to do some touch up and a light wash to bring all the details out. I think I'm going to loose the welder for this diorama because it's already going to be cluttered enough in here as I've got some more things to put in there that would be more conducive to a backyard garage. I also reshot the legs of the chair with a little darker shade of gray because the light gray just didn't look right to me.

Overall progress to

Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Joe's Auto Garage-Overall Progress-08/06

Post by Stuart »

Wow Joe - sorry I missed this, it's looking really cool! I love the Snap-on toolbox, I used to have one just like it (complete with Burger and Chips lol - and a mug of tea).
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

That is magnificent! Of course, there has to be a small amount of dirt and grease hiding in some corners; even in the cleanest of garages. You are really making this look sensational. I want to do something similar; only in 1/72 scale and more of a Factory floor so I can use it as a photo base to take pics of in-progress models to post.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

:that: :P1:
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks you guys for the good comments. I've been sick the last few days and thus scarce on the forums. I'll be back in the swing of things in the next day or so.

Return to “Work In Progress: Figures and Dios”