1/1 Spring project

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Floki
Elite Member

Re: 1/1 Spring project

Post by Floki »

All very good work! I did one wall of are bedroom and closet in cedar I love the natural wood look
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Wow... you’ve been busy. Love the work you’ve done. Sorry for the baby squirrel.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, I am truly overwhelmed at the incredible work you've done! Way to go man! I'm sorry about the baby squirrel too, she was a cutie! At least she was around to brighten your days for a while.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

You know your stuff, Fermis. You really do. You're a gifted man.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Thanks again, all!

Finished up the spare room, and just about everything else inside the house....for now! Next big project will be completely remodeling the kitchen, then it will be time to start all over, and re-visit the "War room"!
My work season is almost done, just a couple small jobs left. Lots of work to be done outside, still...trimming all the shrubs, and cutting out the perennials that trap ALL the leaves. Speaking of leaves, they are really starting to pile up now...those need to get blown out of the yard twice a week, now...and will have to continue to do so into December. Too much variety in trees, and they all shed their leaves at different times.

Deer season opens up on Thursday. One of my wife's clients (at the salon), had me do some work for her...got to jawjackin' and we became friends. We've been over there for dinner, had them over...had some shooting fun, etc. She expressed an interest in deer hunting...so, I have someone to mentor. Sharing in the experience brings much greater joy to the hunt, than hunting alone. I'm more excited about this season than I have been in quite some time. Had her out last weekend, to set up a stand and teach her about "reading the signs" and how that translates into selecting a location for the stand. Things are looking pretty good out there this year....far better than the past few years! (side note...she's ex Air Force, worked on F-15's back in the 80's)

Almost ready to flick on the bench lights again...can't wait!!!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Heh... kitchen reno is next. Had ours finished last Friday - a month and week worth of a mess. If it hadn't been for this pandemic, our kitchen would have been finished back in May, first week of June this past summer. Had all cabinets in garage since May. I'm just glad ours is finally done.

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Oh yeah... so sick of microwavable sides (rice, veggies, etc...) Thankfully, I was able to grill my meals.

Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Our stove will stay in place...I sure as heck do not have the ambition to tear apart the basement ceiling, in order to run/extend the gas line...nor the ceiling and walls of the kitchen to run a new hood vent!
To be honest, I'm fine with the kitchen, as it is...but I got someone else that I gotta live with :whistle:
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Congrats on getting done. I also want to renovate our kitchen but we just don't have the funds. It would be a great thing. Glad to hear you're still working too. I'm even more thrilled to see the workbench will be revisited; your models are such incredible masterpieces that I can't get enough of.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Finished up another little project yesterday...

I repurposed the landscape blocks. They were where the larger/wider section of the stone wall is. I had set them earlier in the summer, when I did the boulder wall. I actually went out to clean up/re-organize that side of the garage (got a bunch of stuff piled up)...looked at the steps...looked at the stockpile of flat stones and said..."git'r done!"
Then the rain came, along with a good chill in the air...nothing to do the next day(today)...
Duke Maddog wrote:Congrats on getting done. I also want to renovate our kitchen but we just don't have the funds. It would be a great thing. Glad to hear you're still working too. I'm even more thrilled to see the workbench will be revisited; your models are such incredible masterpieces that I can't get enough of.
....bench lights flicked on!
Amazing...it only takes about 6 months for perfectly developed fingers to turn into thumbs!
I just messed around with a bunch of figs and busts...just to get my "sea legs" back. I am "wobbly"...to say the least!
Deer season opened today, although I won't be really hunting for another couple weeks or so...once I get a couple in the freezer (so I can eat all winter), the bench will be in full swing...can't wait!!!

Return to “Free Discussion”