Here Kitty Kitty - Tamiya Leopard A4***COMPLETED***

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Stikpusher

Re: Here Kitty Kitty - Tamiya Leopard A4

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Mark.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Really enjoying this one,looking good.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Tony. I should be getting back on this one in a day or two once I have my P-40 wrapped up...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Love the decal choice Carlos!
Mike
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Mike. Those decals do add a bit of character to this tank.

FLSM
kahunaminor
Advanced Member

Post by kahunaminor »

Nice work mate,

I think the numerals I indicate speed limits in built up areas (6 km/h) and open ground (70 km/h). I base this on the many road signs adorning the roadsides in Germany indicating military traffic speed restrictions.

Regards,
Kent in Oz
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

kahunaminor wrote:Nice work mate,

I think the numerals I indicate speed limits in built up areas (6 km/h) and open ground (70 km/h). I base this on the many road signs adorning the roadsides in Germany indicating military traffic speed restrictions.

Regards,
Thank you Kent. The numeral explanation makes sense.

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I have not forgotten this project. I used Badger Airflex paint that I purchased from a local model trains shop to make the mud camo often seen on Bundeswehr AFVs during exercises...
I can’t say much in favor of the Badger paints at this time. At least regarding handbrushing. It took two coats to get a mostly non translucent covering over the Olivgelb base....

Just in case anybody was curious about this project...

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Lookin’ great there, Carlos—too bad about Badger’s paint, though! What you wrote reminded me of struggling with Vallejo’s military colors; I was thinking, ‘Give me my Testors military flat enamels or give me Gunze lacquers!’
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Bruce. The Badger paints have a great color line selection, especially for railroad colors. But it is another learning curve with them. I just want to get this one wrapped up and completed. Never enough free time... :whistle:

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”