Maddog Manufacturing Production for 2019

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Stikpusher

Re: Maddog Manufacturing Production for 2019

Post by Stikpusher »

That’s a great batch Mark. Those booster rockets are BIG! I really like the work that you did on them. As far as the missing bracket part goes, if you cannot buy a replacement, can you scratch build one as a replacement?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Nice fix on the F-16. And that shuttle and boosters are huge!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Hey Mark, can these help at all for reference.

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Hey Mark! Hey Carlos! I opened page 2 just now and saw the photos Carlos posted... but I did not know that at first... I said aloud, "Holy cow!" ... at 2 am. Then I looked at page 1 and did that again! Nice, really nice work Mark. Not just a little nice, but full on nice as in beautiful work on the shuttle's boosters!!! I am with Carlos—scratchbuild what ya' need!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Carlos! Yeah, those boosters are big alright! As for scratchbuilding a replacement bracket, I might try that in a pinch. My only concern is how big do I make it? I have no reference to determine what size or length it should be. Your pic helps a little, but the perspective of that pic makes the upper bracket look much smaller than it should be. Still, if I must, I must.

Thanks Medic! I'm glad the F-16 was such an easy fix. I had a bit of anxiety about pulling that pilot out. And yes, the shuttle and booster are big. They are in 1/72 scale which gives you an idea of how massive the real thing is.

Thanks Bruce! I am extremely happy with the way the boosters turned out. Now if I could only solve that bracket problem!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

I really miss the shuttle. I followed everything they did. I even have a book from NASA here that is very technical on the history of the shuttle program.
Mike

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Medic, I do to. It's too bad they didn't develop something newer while keeping these in service so we could continue the program. Oh well, I'm still building this. I need to decide which name I'm putting on this.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well if your shuttle did not have the tank and boosters, I’d say Enterprise...

I took this at Edwards AFB, probably at the 1982 open house and air show.

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

I've seen Enterprise several times and Columbia on piggyback after coming back from a mission.
Mike

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yeah, I considered "Enterprise" also, but given that she was a test bed and never got attached to boosters for a trip to space; I ruled her out. I'm kinda leaning toward "Columbia" right now.

Nice pic of "Enterprise" Carlos! What a thrill that must have been seeing her.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Modeling Discussion”