1/32 Tamiya F4U-1a Corsair - Boyington 17740

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: 1/32 Tamiya F4U-1a Corsair - Boyington 17740

Post by Stuart »

That parachute pack is a nicely done subject in itself - lovely work John.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

mustang1989 wrote:It's these last little bits that used to leave me at the bench sometimes staring into space wondering what to do first. I had to start making lists so I could prioritize and make some sort of "order of battle" to get things finished up in a timely and organized manner. Your progress is looking good.
speedgraflex wrote:I am with Joe about lists. I tend to leave a notecard in the same box as the kit (most of my kits tend to have AM so I have learned to keep things stored together.)
Having a list is a good idea! There are lots of things I want to do to improve my work flow. Most of them involve a reconfiguration of my modeling space but I'll have to clear out a lot of junk from the garage in order to make that happen. Ideally, I want a modeling space that incorporates the actual work area with a PC/Laptop, my Silhouette cutter (I have to unpack and set it up for each use right now), and a photo layout area. I also need to find a way to organize all of the aftermarket products that I am starting to accumulate. I've ordered things only to find out I already have them.
portman wrote:That parachute pack is a nicely done subject in itself - lovely work John.
It's a nice little enhancement to any 1/32 aircraft build or diorama. The parachute is from True Details and they make more than one...

US
https://www.themodellingnews.com/2013/0 ... -wwii.html

Luftwaffe
https://www.themodellingnews.com/2013/1 ... waffe.html

RAF
https://www.themodellingnews.com/2013/0 ... ikely.html
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Very nice John - thanks for sharing the link. (I might have to give 1/32 a go one day).

Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

I had forgotten all about that parachute, it looks really nice sitting on the wing
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Thanks guys! I've finally attached the aerials so this build is finally concluded. Here are some pics with the big camera. I'll post more later.

John aka JKim
-----------<><
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That is stunning John :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Congratulations, John! Your work is exquisite. I always get chills when I zoom in on all the beautifully crafted details. This is really a masterful interpretation of an iconic aircraft. Also the ability to open and close the canopy is really an amazing detail, singled out as one of a multitude of details that work so well in skilled hands. A masterpiece. Only superlatives will do!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Bravo! Can I have it? LOL! Since I couldn’t get Carlos to give me Flak Bait, figured I ask you.

Seriously, I am in love with it. You are a master. Well done! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Thanks Stuart! Thanks Bruce!
speedgraflex wrote:Congratulations, John! Your work is exquisite. I always get chills when I zoom in on all the beautifully crafted details. This is really a masterful interpretation of an iconic aircraft. Also the ability to open and close the canopy is really an amazing detail, singled out as one of a multitude of details that work so well in skilled hands. A masterpiece. Only superlatives will do!
I had to accept a small price in accuracy to have this option. Tamiya provide two fuselage options (Canopy Open and Canopy Closed). The Canopy Closed fuselage is more deeply cut out at the back edge of the canopy to accommodate the thickness of the plastic when the canopy is shut. The Canopy Open fuselage has a more accurate cut-out but cannot physically accommodate the plastic canopy in the closed position. The difference is not very noticeable so I thought the advantage of having a pose-able canopy was worth the small inaccuracy.

Canopy Open Fuselage...

Canopy Closed Fuselage, which is what I used...
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

I think you made the right call to have the canopy open, all that added detail you added into the cockpit can be fully appreciated now. Masterful work all around, I hope that one day I can achieve this level of detail in aircraft.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”