Yeah baw 1:32 Saburo Shindo Zeke!

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Yeah baw 1:32 Saburo Shindo Zeke!

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Welcome back, Kenny!!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Welcome back Kenny!! Great to see you back around dude!

As far as wire for that small of an engine goes......what you could use is probably easier to get than you think. I wired up my 1/48 BMW R75 Motorcycle engine a few years ago with windings from an automotive relay like so...

KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Things start to be back to normal here as Kenny is back!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

jkim wrote:I resorted to using the UV-activated glue on my Corsair wiring harness. It is definitely STRONGER than CA glue.
John, what brand and where did you get it? A while back, bought some off eBay and it was junk.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

mustang1989 wrote:Welcome back Kenny!! Great to see you back around dude!

As far as wire for that small of an engine goes......what you could use is probably easier to get than you think. I wired up my 1/48 BMW R75 Motorcycle engine a few years ago with windings from an automotive relay like so...

Yup, salvaged electronic bits are a great source for wire. Old headphone, charging, and power cords will provide plenty of wire of differing gauges.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

KSaarni wrote:Things start to be back to normal here as Kenny is back!

- Kari
Kenny who........ :giggles:
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Thank you, gentlemen! It’s good to be back. Not only here but to modeling as well.

To Joe’s very good point, I really ought to look into repurposing wiring from headphones and other household things. I’ve got several old pairs of headphones here, among other interesting things.

Also- I do like Mr. Kim’s idea of using lead wire for tying flies (and I’ve ordered some). I’m going to give that some serious consideration too. I’m also going to start a campaign of turning John Kim to The Dark Side of angling that is Fly Fishing :lol: but seriously, I’ve ordered some and will be taking a serious look at it.

So these are good options. The problem with the wire from the innards of coaxial cable is that it does t really cooperate as well as I’d like. Small bends on small pieces don’t hold their shape, and it’s super easy to kink. I don’t like that.

I appreciate the feedback and suggestions, this has been an enlightening discussion!
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

tempestjohnny wrote:
KSaarni wrote:Things start to be back to normal here as Kenny is back!

- Kari
Kenny who........ :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Kenny, welcome back! And yes, I know how small a 1/72 scale Zero engine is. I'll be truly interested in watching you do something I've never done in 45+ years of building 1/72 scale propeller-driven aircraft.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”