Yeah baw 1:32 Saburo Shindo Zeke!

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: Yeah baw 1:32 Saburo Shindo Zeke!

Post by Medicman71 »

Bout time you got back here!! Welcome back brother!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Duke Maddog wrote:Kenny, welcome back! And yes, I know how small a 1/72 scale Zero engine is. I'll be truly interested in watching you do something I've never done in 45+ years of building 1/72 scale propeller-driven aircraft.
Big Duke,

It’s daunting, to say the least. And probably beyond my skill level to attempt, too. Thing is, that Nakajima engine looks really nice all wired-up. Like my 1:32 version for example:

I couldn’t not do it, y’know? And for some reason seeing just a bit of that wiring when peering through the front of the cowling adds so much, for me. I want to see it in 1:72. Not only that, I want the wiring to look nicer on the 1:72 than they do here :lol: always looking to improve.

Medicman71 wrote:Bout time you got back here!! Welcome back brother!
Thank you! Yessir, I have been busy. I took some time off to resume work on a Panzer 3. I’d really like to complete one this year. That helped with the mojo, but man, that 1:32 Zero took a lot out of me, holy cow.

And life’s been busy too. You know how involved I am with my family. That of course is constant. My job has kept me much busier with new responsibilities as well, and for a while I was going nuts... I hadn’t been to Jiu Jitsu because of a foot injury. Hadn’t been running easier. I hadn’t realized how much of my own crazy I burn off with exercise and martial arts. So I began running and lifting again, and I’ve been training in Filipino Kali (started after thanksgiving, I always wanted to learn Kali), and I’ve been back at Jiu Jitsu as well. Of course, I injured my left Peraformis at Jiu Jitsu class on Thursday :lol: so I’m treating that this weekend, but yeah- I regret nothing. It’s good to be back on the mat again, and I’m enjoying Kali as well.

All that said, I have about an hour after work each weekday to build and paint as long as I’m not picking up the kids from school that day.

That’s what’s happening with me! I’m going to make some coffee and resume icing my peraformis and IT band,
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Good.

Actually, great.

Actually, beyond great.

I am really glad you are here and look forward to your ideas, and thoughts and most especially especially your narrative. I think all of us really deep dive into these projects and perish a part of ourselves (sacrifice of time) at the same time hardening our abilities and as DeNiro said quote unquote “Refinement.” That is everything a modeler ever does. The mining of historical details, the study of photography, and then the choices we make of kits and subjects we build all come through much time spent in solitary contemplation of our sullen craft and art.

Whenever I see your work presented I always think, “Kenny is an artist.”

So yea, thank you.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

LyleW wrote:
jkim wrote:I resorted to using the UV-activated glue on my Corsair wiring harness. It is definitely STRONGER than CA glue.
John, what brand and where did you get it? A while back, bought some off eBay and it was junk.
From Ebay...
John aka JKim
-----------<><
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, John. Now back to the regularly scheduled program.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Kenny: I hear you on the physical exercise. I don't lift all that much yet as I've got a rotator cuff that I'm going to have to address this year and I'm really not looking forward to that BUT I do get out and walk 2-2.5 miles per day at about a 3.8 mph clip (I'm actually a runner but watch it these days on the ol 51 year old knees) and have lost 40 lbs doing that. I'm closing in on the 50lb weight loss goal but also agree that it seems to rid me of a lot of stress and makes me feel better overall. Kudos be to you on the martial arts. That right there just puts a cherry on top of it all. :shoutout:

Looking forward to seeing what you do with that 1/72 scale wire harness.....
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

John: I'm DEFINITELY going to have pick one of those up. I've been seeing those now for a couple of years and do not know for the life of me why I haven't picked one up yet.
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

VERY handy adhesive! It's one of the strongest bonds in my toolbox and dries crystal clear so it has some unique uses. In a pinch, I used it to make a light on my Corsair build after I pinged the kit part into oblivion...

John aka JKim
-----------<><
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I have some of that UV glue too. Gonna have to give that a shot.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Payday'll be this Thursday...….I'll be pulling the trigger on this stuff then. Thanks John

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”