1/32 Zoukei-Mura Ta152H-0 White 7

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
jkim
Elite Member

Re: 1/32 Zoukei-Mura Ta152H-1 White 7

Post by jkim »

Thanks guys!
LyleW wrote:That looks good. The lwork on the tail is something.
The black plastic may suck to work with but it doesn't present a kind of cool picture with the black plastic contrasting with the rivets and repair work.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

This is a beautiful design. Do you have more photographs of the underwing scribing work you have done? I like the effects with the airbrush primer. Is that Mr. Surfacer?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

speedgraflex wrote:This is a beautiful design. Do you have more photographs of the underwing scribing work you have done? I like the effects with the airbrush primer. Is that Mr. Surfacer?
Not yet. It's been a bear with the inadequacy of the sprue goo experiment. Based on what I've been told, the stuff is probably STILL curing. But I've got the panel lines almost to where I want them. I'll post more pics when the wings get riveted. I've been using different colored paints instead of just Mr Surfacer as a primer to check my work.

But here's a photo I forgot to post. I just picked up this CA glue station. The station itself if probably unnecessary and a bit overkill but I thought it was kind of cool looking. You drop your CA glue onto the one of those two metal pillars (you could use almost ANYTHING instead) and use the applicator to apply the glue. The applicators are what make this useful to me and it's packaged with about six of these. The two-prong end supplies enough surface tension to hold a drop of thin CA glue and you use capillary action to apply the glue. This will be useful when I start with the photoetch flaps. Before I was using a toothpick and it just wasn't working very well. To clean the excess glue off the tool, you just burn it off.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Well, well, well! I use Mr. Just CA which is fiendishly expensive and lives in its own foil shielded bag. The cool thing is the tiny brush applicator and the fact it will weld old and new plastic better than 3M or Gorilla. I still love toothpicks, too. I don’t think this is overkill. I’d seriously look into it. Also I know it sounds crazy but I definitely prefer attaching brass PE in non load bearing situations using white canopy glue - the kind Formula 360 makes.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

I've been known to use white glue too. I've also been using Future, as recommended by Radu of RB Productions.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

That’s right, I remember the discussion now. Forgive me. I have yet to try this.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

jkim wrote: Image
That is a cool and good looking thing indeed! I guess it's heavy enough to stay pretty much where it's put ?

Actually, most of the stuff that DSPIAE comes with is cool. Great it's also branded as MENG, easier to "talk about"

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

That's a cool looking setup. I have a sewing needle with the eye cut in half and the other end chucked in a pen vice. Still find myself using a toothpick for a lot of stuff.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That looks a lot more advanced than the Pringles lid and cocktail stick set up I use :grin:

Great progress on that assembly John!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

One to rule them all... I have used this on styrene from Monogram, Hasegawa, Special Hobby, Fine Molds and now Academy with superb adhesion. It has a very nice brush, which is small enough for 1:72. My only complaint is it costs 8 USD for 4g.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”