Modelcrazy's bench production 2022

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Re: Modelcrazy's bench production 2020

Post by Modelcrazy »

It's been some time since an update so here it is.
The Gee Bee is coming along. Sprayed the first coat of white and will wet sand before another soon. I think I have a way for making that integrate red pattern. I copied the instructions to 159%, cut out the red pattern, transferred that to a thin sprue sheet and cut that out. Now if I transfer that mold to some tape, I should be able to use it as a mask for the upper and lower wings. The fuse and wheel pants are another story.
The Apache has stopped production waiting some new decals. It was too light, now it's too green, next hopefully it'll be just right
The Akagi is progressing very slowly. I amd now installing single rungs to the hull ladders. I need to purchase a porthole set to replace the portholes. Here in these pics you can see the guide tape for drilling the holes for the rungs.. I broke multiple 0.3mm drills so I went to a small awl instead. Works better :whistle:

Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Good progress all around! I am a bit curious on the 159% enlargement. I THINK I have the wing masks cut, and just about done on the fuselage. Wheel pmts? Who knows?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Lyle, I believe the instructions I have were copied, or so I think. After doing some tests I found an enlargement of 159% made a copy of the exact size of the kit. I was just a matter of transferring after that. Yeah, the pants and fuse is another matter.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Modelcrazy wrote:Lyle, I believe the instructions I have were copied, or so I think. After doing some tests I found an enlargement of 159% made a copy of the exact size of the kit. I was just a matter of transferring after that. Yeah, the pants and fuse is another matter.
Ahh, Barhopper. Makes sense....mine are roughly 11 x 17, I think. One large page, printed on both sides. I have a bought decided to use the enlarged decal image I have for the wheels.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Brilliant work MC! You're really making progress on all these tremendous projects. I do like the darker green on the Apache though.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Excellent work all around!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice! I'm loving that Apache!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks much gentlemen.
here is a pic of the Apache with the new color and the Akagi with the steps attached. It takes a few hours to get those rungs on.

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Heh... a few hours he says. :giggles: :bag: :whistle: Seriously, you're braver than me tackling all those PE on the Akagi. :bow: :bow: :bow: Incredible work, MC!!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Love watching the Apache come together. The Gee Bee is gonna another one to watch. I wonder who'll be the first to get a Gee Bee finished?
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Awesome!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Member's Gallery”