He-162 Volksjäger

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stikpusher

Re: He-162 Volksjäger

Post by Stikpusher »

Floki wrote:Thank you guys! Nothing like a Tamiya aircraft kit to reset after building a Dragon armor kit.
Except maybe a Tamiya armor kit... :tease:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Stikpusher wrote:
Floki wrote:Thank you guys! Nothing like a Tamiya aircraft kit to reset after building a Dragon armor kit.
Except maybe a Tamiya armor kit... :tease:
I haven't built a armor kit from Tamiya in probably 8 years, don't have any in the stash either. Nothing against them, just haven't came across many that caught my interest. But on the aircraft side I have many Tamiya kits.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Clint, I file manage photos differently so I asked Carlos about creating albums for Post Image and he told me that this is indeed possible!

In case you were curious, I backup projects on my website account, however my ultimate source of reference material is my secondary email account. My reasons are a corporate behemoth such as Google will zealously protect and provide for its customers and accounts are free.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Thanks for the info Bruce.
So I remember now why I swore not to use life color paint again so much tip dry, and splatter I think I might have invented a few new curse words. :headbang: So I scrubbed the paint using 91% isopropyl so now it's back to primer. I almost had the entire RLM 65 down after fighting tip dry for a hour on this small build. Then right around the tail just after cleaning the tip and making sure it was blown out. Boom big splatter all over the rear. Maybe I've just been spoiled by the ease of painting with Tamiya and now AK. I have taken the remaining bottles of life color l had, only 5 and threw them in the trash cursing them the entire time. I have a few bottles left of Vallejo model air left in the colors I need. Vallejo model air is what I used before trying life color. After this build I will be using AK Real Color for all future builds.
So tomorrow I will wipe the surface down again with some rubbing alcohol and a old t shirt to make sure I don't have any fuzz or dust on the surface. Then preshade the panel lines again with Tamiya Nato Black and try again this time with the Vallejo.
Odin's sons... Attack!
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Well, that news sucks! It’s toughest to not have the paint you need in the type you need when you need it. Thankfully you have a backup set of paint in the colors you need. I think I need to test more. I have been going “Commando” style on everything I am doing, with the exception of the mix of RLM 76 which was mixed and tested out first. Perhaps try out your Vallejo colors on a paint mule to make sure your paint performs correctly?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Sorry to hear about the paint mishaps. Been there and done that so I understand the frustration of having to wipe off paint from a model. It's never as clean as you'd like! I'm a Tamiya/Gunze user primarily and have recently been using the AK Real Colors line on a few builds and I like them very much. They behave very similar to Tamiya/Gunze and lay down really nicely.

I use Postimage for my photos and you can indeed upload into albums to organize your photo collection. You can't do any sub-albums within an album though.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Damn that sucks. I think we've all been there at some point. Like you and John, I've switched over to AK Real Air paints as well. I never have a problem with tip dry and that's hear in humid as hell southeast Texas.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

More paint problems again, so it's been scrubbed again. When I get paid next week I'll order some AK paint for this. In the meantime I'll work on the engine.
Odin's sons... Attack!
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Sorry to here that - I hate it when the painting goes south. It sounds like taking a step back, ordering what you need and working on another part of the build is the way to go!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

That’s really bad news as this was looking wonderful. I look forward to seeing your extra efforts on this. I have no doubt that you will get there

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”