Update on my big brother

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Update on my big brother

Post by Modelcrazy »

My older brother had the same double lung transplant I did on October 10th. He has the same hereditary lung disease I do and he had been on the transplant list for a few months. He wanted to see me so I flew down to Dallas on Friday. He was still in the ICU, had a trech and was still having issues breathing and was being machine assisted. While I was there over the weekend he improved greatly, stated breathing on his own and by the time I left for the airport, was being moved to the general floor. My sister-in-law said it was touch and go for a while and a few times she though they had lost him. She's a nurse of thirty years so she would know.
I don't know if my presence, experience and pep talk helped, he would have still gotten to this point anyway, but I hope to think it did. He still has a long road ahead but at least he's on it now.
Last edited by Modelcrazy on Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Tojo72
Master Member

Re: My big brother

Post by Tojo72 »

Sounds good,will be hoping for the best.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

You know, God works in mysterious ways unknown to us. I believe he wanted you to be there and that helped more than anyone knows. What great news that he has improved that much! Hooray!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Wow. Glad he's on the mend. With you seeing him at the hospital did wonders to him. I'm glad to hear you went to see your big brother.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That certainly sounds like you made a difference!

Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks guys.
I was starting to worry some as all the daily texts and the occasional call from my sis-in-law didn't sound like he was improving very fast. She didn't sound as confidant as she was talking. As soon as I heard he wanted to see me it was a no brainer.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I'm so thrilled to hear he is doing better. I'm certain your visit had a tremendous positive impact. Way to go!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’m happy to hear that your big brother has had an improvement of recovery since your visits. I suppose that a little sibling rivalry might have helped. After all, you can’t have your little brother doing something better than you :wink:
Send best wishes for a full and speedy recovery for him!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Best wishes to your brother, Steve.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Hoping for a speedy recovery. It's good he has you to help him through having gone through this.
Thanks,
John

Return to “Free Discussion”