Metal Earth Fokker DR.1

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
mustang1989

Re: Metal Works Fokker DR.1

Post by mustang1989 »

LOLOLOL!!! NO on the rigging brother Tom! lol

No bleeding fingers on this one either.

Two sides cut out and ready for joining....

This part was NOT easy. You have to know where to brace at while folding those tabs over our you'll collapse the fuselage or bend it. I had to straighten it out once but I got the hang of things pretty quick.

Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

:wow: WOW! That looks really good! Nice job on not wrecking it.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Declan. Actually after you get the hang of where to brace when bending it's not all that bad This one built up pretty quickly in a couple of days of concentrated building.

Continued progress...

and upper wing with machine guns built up and upper wing support installed. Those guns were probably the hardest part of the whole build.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

I saw one of these at work, it was of a mars rover. I don't remember which one, but I think it may be worth trying out now.
Great work,
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks for tagging along Carlos.

Declan: They're not all that bad really. Working with PE for the last decade or so has taught me alot already in dealing with entire PE kits like this one. Having the right tools counts for alot though.

The landing gear was a little tricky but still easier to assemble than the machine guns:

Last progress pic before final assembly. After this point I just put my head to the grindstone and got it all finished:

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

If all else fails, Lyle has a hammer for ya. :giggles: Looks like you’ve get this one tamed some. I may head out tomorrow and pick up another one of those Metal Earth PE kits. It’s been almost a year since I got another.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

mustang1989 wrote: Image
This is absolutely amazing, looks very good! Impossible to tell, except perhaps for the metallc red color, that this is all metal ! I can imagine, not an easy peasy build, especially for those of us (like me) who master hardly only flat PE parts that remains flat. :bag:

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Very impressive work Joe, I couldn't do that - all that PE? I'd rather be thrown in a snake pit :-D
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Joe, wowser! That is all!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”