Sweetie

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
KennyX
Elite Member

Re: Sweetie

Post by KennyX »

Thank you Kar!!
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

It’s about time to start thinking about the cowling and engine.

Right now the cowling is dry fit together along with the engine mounting piece and stuff. The cowling flaps go on first, then the engine mounting piece, and then the cowling meets the cowling flaps once it’s all joined together. The flaps piece fits kinda forward of the fuselage just a hair and it’s held in place by the cowling piece, just mates right into it. So what’ll end up happening, I guess, is I’ll paint the inside of the cowling and intake, get that looking nice, paint and build the engine, install the flaps piece, then mounting piece, engine, and then the cowling. That’ll all fit fine. I’d wanted to leave it all off and paint them separately, but that’s a lot of gluing to do around paint and I dislike doing that if I can help it,

Good tolerances on these parts here. They all fit very nicely together and won’t pose any difficulties. This is a great kit.

Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

It does look a great kit - I regret selling the copy I had..
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Stuart- they go cheap these days, just saying!
Kenny X
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

lol! I'm sure I'll get another.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Hey Kenny, great to have you back! Nothing more relaxing than a bit of modeling, aye?
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

You know, it took me a while to come around to the idea that building models should indeed be a relaxing thing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: … A lot of my antecedent builds were very stressful.
These are not. I’m just flowing with the go and enjoying myself. :grin:
Kenny X
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Sometimes it takes awhile to find that realization. I remember having a very bad moment after losing yet another small part to the carpet monster and thinking “this is supposed to be a relaxing hobby…” Life was already hectic enough at the time, and these events were not helping with my favored escape. My first countermeasure was to keep a bottle of bourbon for assistance at the bench. It did help to alleviate and minimize the impact of future moments, but it didn’t do too much for quality control. :whistle: :wink: :headslap:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

The Tamiya jugs are fantastic kits.
I found the hobby much more relaxing when I stopped competing.
Thanks,
John
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

keavdog wrote: I found the hobby much more relaxing when I stopped competing.
:P1:

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”