Kenny X’s Reboots

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Floki
Elite Member

Re: Kenny X’s Reboots

Post by Floki »

Looking really good Kenny
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

I appreciate the kind word, Floki. I guess I'll be starting the light blue today, and we'll see where she goes.
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I find it interesting that you are doing this with the darker topside colors first, and then switching to the lighter underside colors.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

I couldn’t tell you why I’m doing it that way either :lol:
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

…but bro, considering I start on black primer and paint lighter and lighter over that, I guess it isn’t all that far-fetched now that I think about it.
Kenny X
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh yeah, I get that part. There’s more than one way to skin the proverbial cat. Whatever works is good.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

It would probably serve me well to read more about how these aircraft were handled in the field. What camo they began their careers wearing, and how it evolved into what we see in later photos and illustrations by way of field-applied modifications.

The extant photos of the subject don't tell me too much. Which is awesome for me because I love the illustration of the aircraft and have been using it as my primary reference, and for inspiration:

It could actually be very truthfully said of me that I intentionally look for any subject which leaves a lot of wiggle room open for interpretation :lol: ... Anyway, back to point. I think what's happened in the case of "Black 1" is- it began its life with the modified splinter camo scheme, with a very low demarcation line between the splinter camo and the light blue, and later on the light blue was painted over a lot of the splinter camo on the fuselage sides, and then the mottling was added. And so when I painted the topside of the fuselage, I intentionally left the demarcation on the section aft of the cockpit diffused. So when I go over that part with the light blue, I can blend the two together and then mottle with the Schwarzgrun where needed. I think this'll look the goods but as per usual- I haven't tried it on a paint mule, because another thing that can be said of me is that I have a difficult time learning from past failures :lol:
Kenny X
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Agreed Ken, it's a very interesting paint scheme that obviously evolved a lot in the field. Looking forward to seeing the undersides done!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Inching along deliberately and with great determination.

Kenny X
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Missed a spot!

Nice work moving this along.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”