Tamiya's new 1/48 scale kit is...

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Stikpusher

Re: Tamiya's new 1/48 scale kit is...

Post by Stikpusher »

TheMongoose wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:46 am I think ugly has to do with the monotone grey of these guys. There’s just not one interesting paint scheme and no CAG birds to do yet. Of course after i saw the dry fit assembly video i went out and pre ordered the dang thing :giggles:

Here’s your first CAG F-35C, from VFA-147 the Argonauts. Although it has no bright colors, as that is self defeating for a stealth aircraft

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That looks pretty cool!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

TheMongoose wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:46 am I think ugly has to do with the monotone grey of these guys. There’s just not one interesting paint scheme and no CAG birds to do yet. Of course after i saw the dry fit assembly video i went out and pre ordered the dang thing :giggles:
Not in my book. Just don’t like the looks of the aircraft. It just doesn’t look bad ass enough for me. I prefer the Tomcats and the Hornets.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Hey guys check out this build video demo,it looks like a snap-tite kit

https://aeroscale.net/news/f-35a-build-demo
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Wow! I'll have to work extra hard to screw something up :hmm:
I sure hope they do the B and the C. I need them for my aircraft of MCAS Miramar project and I'm willing to wait.
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

BlackSheep214 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:57 pmNot in my book. Just don’t like the looks of the aircraft. It just doesn’t look bad ass enough for me. I prefer the Tomcats and the Hornets.
Just wait until you see one in air to air “beast mode”… 24 AMRAAMS plus two Sidewinders… :ballbat: Is that bad ass enough? :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Thanks,
John
TheMongoose
Advanced Member

Post by TheMongoose »

Stikpusher wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:47 pm

Here’s your first CAG F-35C, from VFA-147 the Argonauts. Although it has no bright colors, as that is self defeating for a stealth aircraft

Wellllll, it does have some tail art :hmm: not like it’s war time. Stealth or not these jets are made to launch everything at a standoff distance. Not like some nose art is gonna highlight you on their radar, iykwim
I’m just an 80s guy i guess. Can’t get into the greys but that’s ‘cause I’m a modeler. In the real world haze grey is where it’s at. I get it.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

I don't see why they can't paint the CAG jets. All the others on the carrier are and they'd be repainted in time of war.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Probably something to do with the properties of the paint itself not being Radar absorbing or whatnot... Not to mention that in time of war, there may not be the time to repaint for an air wing that is already in theater. Speaking of which, technically we are theoretically still at war in the Mid East with various guys deployed there, dropping bombs, getting shot at, etc. It’s low intensity and rarely makes the news nowadays, but it’s still war for them.

FLSM

Return to “Modeling Discussion”