Monty’s Humber

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: Monty’s Humber

Post by Medicman71 »

Stikpusher wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:27 pm I hate when that happens! :headslap: Running out of paint in the middle of the paint job is the worst. Ya never know if the new paint will quite exactly match… :nono:
:that:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stikpusher wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:27 pm I hate when that happens! :headslap: Running out of paint in the middle of the paint job is the worst. Ya never know if the new paint will quite exactly match… :nono:
That’s my worry. I’m hoping Gunze H320 Dark Green is a match or at least a close match. I’ve got a few other brands on standby just in case.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Made a trip to Walt’s HobbyWorld in Syracuse today. He didn’t have any Gunze/Mr.Hobby paints which kind of surprised me. I went in hoping to find AK Interactive Real Colors. They didn’t even carry those line of paint. They did have Tamiya lacquers and acrylics, Vallejo Model Colors (very little stock) and Model Air, Revell acrylics, Gunze Gundam colors, and Citadel Wargaming colors.

Armed with the empty Gunze H320 Dark Green to eyeball as close as possible. Aside from Vallejo Model Air RAF Azure Blue, I settled on Tamiya XF-73 Dark Green/JGSDF and Revell 32167 Greenish Grey(RAL 7009) or as labeled on display rack - Dark Green.

When I got home, I did a swatch comparison between the Tamiya and Revell to the Gunze H320 Dark Green. Both looks to be a very close match to the Gunze shade.

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Nope. Neither color is even close. Looks like I’m gonna have to order Gunze H320 Dark Green :bored:

Both color scheme are too dark or drab. I mean, I “could” get away with using Tamiya XF-73. I don’t know. It’s not green enough to my liking. Maybe I should have also grabbed Revell 32165 Bronze Green when I had the chance. Oh well....

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Why not repaint the whole upper body and wheels in one of the new colors?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Cuz I’m too lazy.... :giggles:

Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

Cool build. I like the light skinned vehicles as it makes the armor more interesting. I've been adding more stuff like this to the stash of late. Glad to see I am not alone in enjoying some of the rigs that get very little love. Keep it going.
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I’d love to keep going but the rear windshield framework broke on me. I’ve sent Airfix an email for replacement parts and have yet heard or received them. :bored:

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”