Italeri's 1/72 C-47 Skytrain "Super Mini D-Day Whiskey 7"

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
keyda81
Advanced Member

Re: Italeri's 1/72 C-47 Skytrain "Super Mini D-Day Whiskey 7"

Post by keyda81 »

Thanks Mongoose! I did the same thing with my 1/48 Trumpeter kit. Since we all know how well white covers.

Thanks Stik! The stripes aren't has sharp as they look in the pics, lol. I should take some close ups. They are rather messy. I didn't want to go super messy, it would just look way out of scale.

Seems I've contracted some sort of illness, I'm not sure what is it. At this point it's just a sore throat, and a cough that leaves that utterly disgusting taste in your mouth. So I'll be up at the bench trying to distract myself from it. Hopefully get the rest of the painting done today. Start on some weathering, which I'm really looking forward to.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Sorry to hear you are under the weather, Keyda. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keyda81
Advanced Member

Post by keyda81 »

Thanks. So far it's not too bad. More annoying than anything. I'm just hoping my nose doesn't join the party, congestion is what makes me very miserable. I'm still clueless as to what it is. Not even sure where I picked it up. Could of been the museum, or from someone at my cousin's house on Sunday. Not sure. Just another reason to hate this time of year, illnesses.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Our granddaughter had something similar the last few days - sore throat, fever. Doc said it was a virus - very flu-like.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Covid -19? Get tested to be safe. Doesn't hurt. My wife felt like crap Friday, got tested and is positive for Covid. Mild symptoms thankfully. Spent my nights on the couch since. Of course, the dog likes to sleep with me to keep warm. How I've been longing to sleep in my bed again.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Have a couple hot toddies, lots of rest, and a quick recovery Keyda. :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keyda81
Advanced Member

Post by keyda81 »

Not running a fever at all, I've been checking. My throat has definitely gotten more sore, and swollen though. It hurts quite a bit to swallow. Which is annoying as hell. Just started getting a headache too. Don't have any covid tests, and really don't feel like leaving my house to get one. Hopefully it starts feeling better tomorrow. I just buried my head in my work, and got this project all done.

The masking on the windows failed me, and I sat there scrapping the paint off as best I could until I almost popped a couple windows inside. I must of somehow missed masking the one window, and landed up sanding the paint off, then put some Future on it to hide some of the scratches. Looks fine unless you really get up on it. Seems I like to have some sort of SNAFU towards the end of all my projects. But that is how you learn to fix things.

Now to figure out what the next project will be, lol.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

That's pretty cool. They both turned out nice.
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Beautiful!!!

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”