New products from Heller for 2023

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Stikpusher

Re: New products from Heller for 2023

Post by Stikpusher »

jeaton01 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:07 pm Carlos, according to Scalemates the IIIE was originally a Kinetic kit that Heller reboxed. ESCI also did a IIIE in 1/48, the one I have is kit # 4030. Academy and Fujimi did 1/48 IIIC's in 1/48, Fujimi also did the IIIR in 1/48.
Much to my surprise I have 50 Heller kits. Haven't built any that I can remember, except for a little work on a 749 Constellation. They did the Mirage IV A in 1/50 and later in 1/48 as the IV P, I have both versions. A lethal looking airplane, I think. I am glad to see that they are reissuing the 1/48 kit in 2023, as the IV P version again.
That makes sense about the Mirage III E kit being a Kinetic rebox. Looking at the instruction sheet, it looks very modern new tool. It has nothing in common with the older Heller Mirage III C/B kit of theirs that I have in my stash. I still want it, just for the load out stores included in the kit, if nothing else. The Academy/Fujimi Mirages are actually 1/50, and not 1/48. The size difference is obvious when I put my Academy Mirage III R next to my ESCI Mirage III E builds next to one another. I have that Mirage IV kit in my stash as well, but I’ll need new decals for it. Mine is an old issue, bought off eBay and the decals look questionable. It is a lethal looking fast bomber, much like the B-58.
tempestjohnny wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:08 am Syhart decals does a bunch of beautiful sheets for Mirage III, 5, and IV
Yes, I’d like to find some for my Mirage IV, possibly for one of my III C’s as well. I just do not want to get commemorative type markings. I much prefer the service everyday types that go to war.
keavdog wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:21 am I have one Heller kit
I’ve got somewhere in between your one and John’s 50… :whistle: Aircraft, armor, and figures. Some of that stuff was the only game in town for a LONG time on French subjects.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: New products from Heller for 2023

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I gotta admit, they have some cool model kits that are seldom released and built up. Asive mentioned before, I wouldn’t mind picking up a few of their new releases for 2023. I am curious if they will be available thru other site like Scalehobbyist, Sprue Brothers, Squadron, Hobbylinc and others.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Modeling Discussion”