Grossdeutschland Panther A

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Re: Grossdeutschland Panther A

Post by Gary Brantley »

This tank is really coming along nicely, Carlos! :shoutout: That mudwork looks good and realistic to my eyes! Man, I need to start that Tamiya Tiger I that's laying around here. Too many irons in the fire and nothing getting done... :headbang:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Gary! I’m very happy with how the mud work turned out. It’s in the Goldilocks zone of juuuuusssst right. :giggles:
I’m looking forward to that Tiger of yours. But I know all too well that “too many irons in the fire” situation. You’ll get to it when you can, no need to hurry and miss up something.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yesterday I glued down the top run of the tracks onto the top of the road wheels to get a proper sag up there...
this morning I took a few photos

then I had to test fit the upper hull...

so far, so good....

now I'm in the middle of painting the AM resin periscopes that I had bought...

I've got to get the ones for the driver and bow gunner installed before I can close the hull up.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Those Panthers were just some great looking tanks! I've always thought they had a "sporty" look about them. That is really looking great, Carlos! :bow:

Those periscope pieces are very cool too 👍; I wish I had used some for my Bulldog.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

It's the wide body kit on the rear, the cool exhaust and the 75mm turbo with the cold air intake out front :giggles:
Thanks,
John
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

keavdog wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:19 pm It's the wide body kit on the rear, the cool exhaust and the 75mm turbo with the cold air intake out front :giggles:
😄
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

keavdog wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:19 pm It's the wide body kit on the rear, the cool exhaust and the 75mm turbo with the cold air intake out front :giggles:
:lol:

Well, MAN is one of prime other automotive brands out Germany...besides Benz and BMW... They just made tougher machines :ballbat:

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looking good
I never done a Panther but have one in mind. I want to do the one from the tank battle in Colonge vs the Pershing as described in the book Spearhead.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That sounds like a good project Tom. That Panther is fairly well photographed. Of course you'll need to build that Pershing too :wink:

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

My main work on this over the past couple of days has been getting the periscopes painted up for installation. I have one more days work on that to do. When the paint was drying today I added the tow coupling bolts using some strip styrene and Academy "shave off" bolt heads. I also swapped out the kit jack for a better one from my spares bin.

As soon as I get the hull periscopes installed, I can get the hull closed up!

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”