The Funk continues

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

The Funk continues

Post by LyleW »

Hey, guys. Please bear with me on this and indulge me. More "life" going on than I want.

As I posted earlier, on 6/27/23, our youngest grandson had major, serious brain surgery. He came through pretty well, but was a bit of a bleeder during surgery. Spent several days in the Pediatric Intensive Care unit at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. He is still there but in a regular room now. Still has a drain in his head - they hope to get that out within a week or so. Minor setback the other day when doing some tests to see if they could remove it. His speech seemsm okay, attitude is good, smiling and moving pretty normally, etc. The kid is a trooper. However, his right arm looks useless at this point. Hopefully PT can restore some use. Continued prayers for Asher would be appreciated. My heart is groken to see this kid have to go through this.

I am now embroiled in a property line dispute with the "uphill" neighbor. Long, long story that started a few weeks ago. He is on the HOA board and really isn't smart enough to be there. My neighbor on the other side did some work on his back yard to mitigate flooding when the pond overflows. I was outside one day and the guy that is now the problem (Tony) came by with a BS story about the HOA getting this survey done and they used Google Earth to map the property lines. All he could/would tell me is that "city hall" is where they got it. The property lines are reallly skewed and now he claims that his line runs about 6-8 feet down my side yard. I've asked him several times to not cut that far down and he refuses. He thinks this Google Earth garbage supercedes what is recorded at the county clerk's office in the deed books. Anyway, Wednesday, i think, I asked him to not cut that far down, after he had done so. The next thing I know, Tony, his step-father-in-law, mother-in-law and wife along with another neighgor, Mark (certifiably crazy - the guy that got the shit beat out of him in house a few years ago and left for dead) were ganging up on me - verbally. Could not usderstand why that little strip of property mattered to me, Mark gets in volved - yelling about respect - respect him, etc. Gets in my face, on my property and shoves me with both hands in the chest. I almost fell backwards onto my driveway. He then sais, "next time I'll lkill you". The police came but could do nothing since they didn't witness it. A report is filed. The asswipe, Tony, dut his grass again yesterday and cut just as far down. I think he believes that if he cuts it long enough, he can claim it.

AFter talking with my other neighbor and two other members of the HOA board, they are in no way involved. They have no idea of where the Google Earth map came from and both said that the clerks office is the legal document. I had already gone over to the county clerk and got copies of my lot and the ones on either side. They, too, laughed at the Google Earth story. The lunatic Mark is behind this for somereason. Could be nothing more that he has found Tony to be easiy manipulated and is just stirring up shit. I don't know.

I have a sent a contact form to the lawyers t hat have handled all of our closing and re-fis over the years. I'll follow up tomorrow with a phone call. I also have the guy that surveyed the original subdivision coming in a week or two to survey the lot.

I think Tony's and Mark's life is about to get interesting. If it has to go to court, they are screwed royally. I will try to punish them to the fullest extent possible.

Oh, I've given up on the Eduard 1/48 bipes. Got a couple of 1/32 kits to replace them.

And, if all that were not enough,, we have a doggie that isn't reeling very well.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Re: The Funk continues

Post by Stikpusher »

I’m sorry to hear of all your troubles there Lyle. It sounds like you have several hard things hitting you at the same time. They will all pass, as they always do, hopefully sooner rather than later.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, Carlos. Yes, it will pass....like a kidney stone, but it will pass. ASher is getting better, but not as quickl yas I want. Hopefully this attorney can write a letter to them to stop this nonsense, and they will. I doubt it, though. Then you have the eternally pissed neighbor looking for any little thing.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Luckily I have good neighbors, though for awhile I had one on the north side that was a royal pain, but the world turned, they moved, and I'm good friends with the new owners. It can be very frustrating. Getting the property surveyed is really the best solution, but make sure the survey markers are prominent. Usually they are just metal stakes that have to be found with a metal detector. Property lines in residential areas are mostly fenced out here but I've seen that's a rarity in many areas in the east.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Man that really sucks. You and I are having a crap year yet again. Like Stik said, it will get better.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

I feel for you Lyle. I've got much crap going on too. Stepson who lives in Prague just told us he has cancer in his abdomen, just switched jobs, and I've got a major problem I can't delve into that could take a year to resolve and not necessarily in my favor. I'll be praying for you.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Poor little guy. Glad to hear he's improving. Your neighbors sound like total asshats. Karma will get them :ballbat:
Thanks,
John
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Sorry to hear of your troubles at home. Take care of yourself and your grandson. We're all here for you. Come back when things settle down on your end.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Lyle, I feel your pain. I also had the 'perfect storm' of crap hit me all at once back in June. I will pray for you and for Asher that he gets better soon. I'll pray for protection from those nasty neighbors too and a swift and complete resolution of that issue.

Take care of yourself and your family.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

I say we all go to Kentucky and take care of that neighbor for Lyle. :ballbat:

Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Free Discussion”