Im back, from the other side of the planet.

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Im back, from the other side of the planet.

Post by scorpiomikey »

Ive been missing for a while. Sorry about that. But im back.
This time im posting from the great white north. Currently residing as a student in western Canada.
Rebuilding my tools and paints, and waiting for my stash to arrive from New Zealand. Its sitting in a warehouse waiting for a ship. At this stage im assuming it will move after christmas. But we will see.

Ill be switching from Tamiya paints to Vallejo model air. Theyre easier to acquire here. Any regular users of model air got any tips?
Thanks.
Mike.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Stikpusher

Re: Im back, from the other side of the planet.

Post by Stikpusher »

Hey Mikey, good to see you back on here! Western Canada, eh? Are you up in British Columbia now?
As far as Model Air goes, I’d call myself an occasional user of the stuff, not regular. But saying that, use a good primer before laying down the Model Air onto whatever your project will be.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Wow that's a big move,what's behind it,if I may ask.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, big move indeed! Welcome to this side of the world!

Vallejo Model Air is designed for airbrushing. Brush painting with it is difficult. Definitely use a retarder if you do, otherwise it tends to dry on the tip. Vallejo Model paints are more brush friendly if you wish to go that route.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

There's an avatar we haven't seen for a bit. Glad you're back
Thanks,
John
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Welcome back!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Hey, Mike! Good to hear from you.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Welcome to Canada! Nice to hear from you again.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Thanks all.
I went with model air to use in my airbrush. Ive got 2 sitting in a crate in a warehouse waiting for a ship to come over. And an el cheapo in the closet that came with the little compressor I got. Tamiya seems to be available still, but vallejo is easier to get.
Ill keep primer in mind. Ive got an SR-71 eggplane sitting there and a 72nd academy PBY-5.
What inspired the move? :wub: My best friend of twenty...three years lives out here. We met as teenagers and pretty quickly fell in love. But we never did anything about it. I went through several relationships, she got married and had 2 kids, and recently we both found ourselves single. I had a chunk of change sitting there from the sale of my house. We talked about it and decided to make a go of it. Because of her kids she couldnt move, so i did. So now im a university student again after 15 plus years.
This will be my first winter christmas, and maybe even my first white christmas.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Welcome Mike and wouh, great story!

Something similar happen to me 15 years ago, in 2008 when I moved to Belgium from Finland. And yes yes, I know, distance is like nothing compared to New Zealand -> Canada, but still there are some strong similarities. I also moved here because of the fact, that my wife (girlfriend back then of course) had a son which meant she could not really move to Finland (her dream though). I was single and could actually continue working in the same company. So a decision was really easy to move here.. Away from snowy conditions to more greenish. :-)

Good luck with you and all success with your new life in Canada!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/

Return to “Free Discussion”