Tamiya A34 Comet

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: Tamiya A34 Comet

Post by KSaarni »

Stikpusher wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:11 pm As far as the best Leopard 2 kits currently available, I’d look at Meng, Rye Field, Hobbyboss, and Tamiya as best choices. The Italeri/Revell Germany kits are not bad, but are older in origin.
Thanks Carlos, I need to dive into the options for a perfect Christmas project!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

You're quite welcome Kari. There's one more new tool option for a 1/35 Leopard 2 that I forgot to mention, Border Models. In any case, I think you're quite well covered for Leo 2 options.

****Edited regarding kit scale****
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Stikpusher wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:43 pm You're quite welcome Kari. There's one more new tool option for a 1/32 Leopard 2 that I forgot to mention, Border Models. In any case, I think you're quite well covered for Leo 2 options.
Thanks Carlos, was not at all aware of this kit, and in 1/32!
I looked up pics of the sprues, the kit looks pretty darn good!

- Kari
---
On the bench:

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Oops… I should have typed 1/35, not 1/32… all the Leo 2 kits that I mentioned are in 1/35 scale.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Stikpusher wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:01 pm Oops… I should have typed 1/35, not 1/32… all the Leo 2 kits that I mentioned are in 1/35 scale.
:-D No worries Carlos!

The funny thing is, I immediately googled and got this hit below, that I double clicked and did not pay attention what actually was written on the main page.. Just thought, "wouh so cool from Border models to do 1:32 scale armour" :giggles:

- Kari
---
On the bench:

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

1/32?! Well, it's on the internet, so it must be true! :wink: :tease: :grin: :lol:

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

KSaarni wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:50 am Hmm, I need to build a Leopard A26;
dear collegues, which kit is the nicest to build ?
For the A6 there are a few options. If you want to go full detail along with the advantages of a new tooled kit (excellent fit but high parts count) I'd recommend RFM*. For a less time consuming but still pleasing build you could go with Hobby Boss or Tamiya. Both tools are around 20 years old. I think Border Model is not to far away from RFM in parts count and price.

*here's where I am with my build:
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

mostrich wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:07 am For the A6 there are a few options. If you want to go full detail along with the advantages of a new tooled kit (excellent fit but high parts count) I'd recommend RFM*. For a less time consuming but still pleasing build you could go with Hobby Boss or Tamiya. Both tools are around 20 years old. I think Border Model is not to far away from RFM in parts count and price.
Thanks Torben,

The/your RFM looks really good! Those bulletproof small windows (or whatever they are called officially), are they out-of-the box or have you tinted them ?

- Kari
---
On the bench:

mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

I've tinted them with transparent green from AK I think. The real ones are a bit more on the blue side, but in the end you won't see much of them.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”