Classic Airframes Resin 1/48 Fw 190 V1

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stikpusher

Re: Classic Airframes Resin 1/48 Fw 190 V1

Post by Stikpusher »

Looking very sharp John! I always liked the appearance of the ducting around the prop on this prototype.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Got all red dog on this one yesterday, every time I thought I should wait a bit more for what I just painted to dry the devil on my shoulder said go for it. Other than having trouble with getting the glue to hold on the right stabilizer and having to repaint the swastika on the left side because some black crept under the masking, things worked out well. Hataka was used for the 65, Model Master for the 70/71, and Tamiya for all the markings. Masks cut on my Cameo for the markings after drawing them up in Autocad. I just taped off the splinter pattern using resized drawings from the instructions to lay them out. A few brain twisters involved in that but I think I got it right. Let me know!

The fit on this kit is very good, although with resin there is always a bit here and there to puzzle out how things fit and this one was no exception. Very little filler, mainly just on the bottom on the front and rear wing joins. Also the fuselage seams needed a little attention, but very little. The wing root to fuselage fit was too tight but a little careful sanding on both sides and attention to fitting the cockpit tub took care of that.

And for Carlos there is a spinning prop photo. After that a couple with the V1 next to the A3 I just finished.

My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Nicely done John. Full resin kits can be challenging and yours looks great. The butchers look good together. Wonder why they changed the spinner :hmm: engine cooling?
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Woohoo! A spinning prop! Very nice build John!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Excellent finish John. Really looks great
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Wow, John! That is a beauty. The a/c looks a bit odd to me being the prototype. But what a nice piece of work
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Nicely done. I never done a resin kit nor have the desire to try. Scares me to attempt one. :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

That's some nice work, John! :shoutout:
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Thanks, everyone!
John, the original engine was a BMW 139 and it itself had cooling problems and development was stopped on it. The ducted spinner design was supposed to be low drag but early in test flights it was removed due to overheating with the BMW 139. The BMW 801 was doing well in development so it replaced the 139 and they never tried the ducted spinner on it. The 801 was the same diameter but longer and heavier. To accommodate that they moved the cockpit back and enlarged the wing and horizontal tail surfaces.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

A brilliant looking build John!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”