Nostalgia kit of yesteryears...

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Stikpusher

Re: Nostalgia kit of yesteryears...

Post by Stikpusher »

This is probably the funkiest kit that I ever built as a kid…

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Oh yeah. That was my first Tom Daniel's Design kit I bought as a kid. I continued to build more from that series...
Lil Coffin, Bad Medicine, Vandal, Vanbulance, Tijuana Taxi, Rommel's Rod, Paddy Wagon to name a few
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

Stikpusher wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:51 pm This is probably the funkiest kit that I ever built as a kid…

I found one of these years ago at a thrift store, complete and old original. Sold it for big money on Ebay. Now they are re-popping the kit. It's pretty cool model. I really dig these goofy kits.
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Yeah... I loved those Tom Daniel's Design kits. Still do today. I should have grabbed the Rommel Rod ans Red Baron repop kits when I had the chance.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I built a few of those Tom Daniel kits
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice Tom Daniels collection there John! Is that case in your new home here?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:38 am Nice Tom Daniels collection there John! Is that case in your new home here?
:P1:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

I'm not sure I ever built a what if kit in the past, except by accident... But recently I did help my grandkids build the Snoopy triplane and Camel.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Stikpusher wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:38 am Nice Tom Daniels collection there John! Is that case in your new home here?
No - those are long gone. They were originally built by my father-in-law for my daughters beanie baby collection.
The models suffered from living unprotected 10 years in the garage at the house after that one. Got to where the dust wouldn't come off them anymore so most got binned or given away.
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

jeaton01 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:46 pm I'm not sure I ever built a what if kit in the past, except by accident... But recently I did help my grandkids build the Snoopy triplane and Camel.
I think that the closest I came to those were the old Aurora AH-56 Cheyenne & MBT-70, and the Tamiya M247 Sergeant York DiVADS. Or some small scale Boeing SST airliner. I made quite a few airliners when I was little because dad worked for TWA.

FLSM

Return to “Modeling Discussion”