Get a Job

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stikpusher

Get a Job

Post by Stikpusher »

Sha na na na Nah, Sha na na na Nah...

I haven't been on here as much for the past couple of weeks, or at my work bench at all, and this is why... I got a job and went back to work...
Why, after the years of retirement? Well, because it is hobby related...

This literally fell into my lap at a recent AMPS meeting. I am working for a Hobby importer/distributor company from Canada that is now setting up shop in the US. Right now we are just getting the warehouse established, and I haven't done this much physical labor of this sort in 20 years, since I was on deployment overseas.

We have had pallets of cartons full of models, supplies, and collectable type items, coming in that need to be sorted, itemized, and placed for distribution orders. We don't sell to the public, only to hobby retailers - either actual shops or online stores.

So far we have only received shipments from two of our four planned main suppliers, and all I can say is wow. It's one thing to see these items in catalogs or online on the webpage. But to see them all in one place in reality... it's amazing!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Get a Job

Post by keavdog »

Do they pay you in kits? :giggles:
Are they here in Goodyear?
Thanks,
John
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Very cool Carlos! Now don't stuff any kits in your socks when you clock out! :giggles:
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

keavdog wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:44 pm Do they pay you in kits? :giggles:
Are they here in Goodyear?
It’s over in Avondale… about 20 minutes from the house. And so far it’s normal pay. Personally I’d like a percentage in supplies… :whistle: :wink:
cbaltrin wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:17 pm Very cool Carlos! Now don't stuff any kits in your socks when you clock out! :giggles:
Nope… no thieving :nono: Besides… I don’t think a 1/16 Stug.III will fit in my socks :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Sounds like a dream retirement job
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

That is fantastic Carlos!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Sounds awesome! I'm Reviews Coordinator for AMPS in general. Which suppliers do you work with?
Mike
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I’d take that in a heartbeat!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Great... Carlos gets first dibs before the rest of us. Time to run a black market operation for SPAM. ROFL....

Lyle wants in on the job. He'll be a valuable asset for the company. He has a slight habit of having "missing pieces" if you get my drift. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :giggles: :giggles: :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

tempestjohnny wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:38 am Sounds like a dream retirement job
Yeah, it’s either something like this, or working at a gun range/store that would tempt me to work again… :whistle:
KSaarni wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:40 am That is fantastic Carlos!

- Kari
So far, it is. Hard physical work getting the place established, but just so fantastic to see all the stuff coming in…
Jeeves wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:28 am Sounds awesome! I'm Reviews Coordinator for AMPS in general. Which suppliers do you work with?
So far we have Bandai and AK sending in products. And it seems that other companies kits are arriving with the Bandai kits (Hasegawa, Aoshima), as well as with the AK products(Abteilung 502). Not to mention a handful of Das Werk items. We have a couple more producers due in soon, but I don’t want to name names until we have their stuff actually in stock.
LyleW wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:02 am I’d take that in a heartbeat!
I sure did! :giggles:
BlackSheep214 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:16 am Great... Carlos gets first dibs before the rest of us. Time to run a black market operation for SPAM. ROFL....

Lyle wants in on the job. He'll be a valuable asset for the company. He has a slight habit of having "missing pieces" if you get my drift. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :giggles: :giggles: :giggles:
I’ll just be doing my old LRS role of looking for what’s inbound and saying when it’s actually here in the US. I know I was hearing rumors elsewhere that AK Real Colors were being discontinued. That I can say is false. They are changing the line, with new bottles, new formula, new colors, and discontinuing a few of the original colors (don’t know which). There is also quite a bit of the original stock on hand in our warehouse.

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”