Ice Cold in Alex - 1/35 Airfix Austin K2/Y Ambulance

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Stuart
Elite Member

Ice Cold in Alex - 1/35 Airfix Austin K2/Y Ambulance

Post by Stuart »

Anyone fancy a beer?

I picked up this kit the other night and made a start on it.

So far the chassis and the wheels are built up - I just need to wait for some paint (AK 3rd Gen) before I can paint the chassis. In the meantimee I'll make a start on the body.

Cheers!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Re: Ice Cold in Alex - 1/35 Airfix Austin K2/Y Ambulance

Post by LyleW »

lovely subject! Off to a breat start.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Great subject. I've got a WW2 halftrack German Ambulance on my watch list at scalehobbyist. I'd love to do a few ambulance kits used during WW1 & WW2.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice score Stuart! I will certainly enjoy following this project of yours.

And yes I will fancy a beer in about 9 hours when my workday is over... supposed to be in the low 90's here today...
Love that movie still, but I don't recognize the actor closest to the camera, nor the actress next to him... :lashed:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

LyleW wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:36 am lovely subject! Off to a breat start.
Thanks Lyle. Did you ever get your 1/48th one finished?
BlackSheep214 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:58 am Great subject. I've got a WW2 halftrack German Ambulance on my watch list at scalehobbyist. I'd love to do a few ambulance kits used during WW1 & WW2.
That sounds cool Tom. It's certainly different from the norm I agree, I quite like a lot of the soft skin subjects
Stikpusher wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:04 am Nice score Stuart! I will certainly enjoy following this project of yours.

And yes I will fancy a beer in about 9 hours when my workday is over... supposed to be in the low 90's here today...
Love that movie still, but I don't recognize the actor closest to the camera, nor the actress next to him... :lashed:
Cool I hope you got one in Carlos! 90'f? That's around 30'C - nice! Hopefully not too humid.

It is a great film, I watched it again yesterday - but how can you not recognise the late great John Mills and Sylvia Simms? :wow:

Made some more progress on the body last night, building up the walls, internal door and the stretcher supports...

I've not fully glued in the interior bulkhead yet, as I'll wait until I've offered up the rest of the body before I commit to gluing. I've already gone away from the destructions though, as they have you build the interior from the inside out, which would fine except the fit of the inner wall is really vague. It's better to fit the outer shell from what I can see, and then fit the inner later - hope that makes sense?

Other than that the fit is really good, and I like the plastic - obviously good side effects of their collaboration with Academy.

Cheers!

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stuart wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:27 am
LyleW wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:36 am lovely subject! Off to a breat start.
Thanks Lyle. Did you ever get your 1/48th one finished?

Cheers!
Yep. Great kit!

viewtopic.php?t=7092
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I don't immediately remember seeing any films with John Mills or Sylvia Hopkins... I'll have to look up their film credits... but Harry Andrews and Anthony Quayle, I've seen them in many films...
Yes, it's not humid here at all... only 15% today... and supposed to get up to 95* here.... thats 35* for you malcontents who threw away the old system :tease:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

John Mills - off the top of my head.....

Dunkirk, The Battle of Britain, Sink the Bismark, The Cruel Sea, The Dambusters, The longest day, Reach for the Sky etc.

I don't know much about Sylvia Simms - she was the love interest in the Battle of Britain.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I looked up John Mills on IMDB. The only movies that I've seen him in are War and Peace,Dunkirk and Zulu Dawn... He's not credited for Dambusters, Battle of Britain or The Longest Day on IMDB if he was in those... the WAAF love interest in Battle of Britain was the gorgeous Susannah York :wub:

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”