Me-323 gigant italeri 1/72

Any aircraft, or missile manufactured by Messerschmitt under said name. Bölkow-Blohm and subsequent merger and takeover aircraft are excluded.
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Re: Me-323 gigant italeri 1/72

Post by BsYamato »

More night works

Removing weight results

sratchin IP and a canopy instrument

Painted drybrush etc

Some cockpit picture before to close canopy

Really clear but not perfect fitting

comparative with the smaller finished plane :)

Next step paint!!!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Holy smokes! I knew she was gonna be a big ol bird but wow! What a comparison to the Zero. I wonder if any surviving Me-323 still around on display in some air museum somewhere. Just imagine the sheer size of it in real life.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

Lol, just. .a gigant :D :D
I performed other works , need to take pictures but left just few than a month to the end of GB, I'll try but don't think to finish itcin time :( only the paint passes on the whole surfaces will take three layers that need at least one day between.. Boh.. I'll try :DH:
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

One bit at time Jim :) just painted and sanded other things this afternoon near the cockpit area, preparing for main painting session!
In these days (but no pictures) also painted wheels with three coats of black after weight effect, corrected wrong panel lines in engine nacelles and painted respective inners, glued tail control surfaces.. i'll try :wink:

ps
heres an actual main wing structure from axis classic wings site
http://axis.classicwings.com/Luftwaffe/ ... chmitt.htm

BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

Probably Thomas or Tigrazor can take easily some picture from real , the little "structure" is located in Luftwaffen museum Gatow :)

https://www.google.it/maps/place/Luftwa ... ZyCh1d5AB6
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

In two sessione i have painted the whole gigant with humbrol 147 as primer, today first partial painting with upper dark green

Also flaps receive the upper green.
At the next
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

Gawd. You're brush painting the thing too. I'd've used a rattle can for coverage!
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

I suspect that i use less color with brushes than if i had an airbrush or spay can :hmm:

I am wrong about think to have lots of humbrtol 65 jars... i had two.. and one of them at the end and after first layer of one of wing botton is finished , so i opened the new one and two colors.. same brand same series same color... are a little different :ggun:

heres the pictures after that, two days ago: a wing with a jar and other with the new one

not so important, the following layers (i presume almost three layer to gain a perfect saturation) will cover the little differences.. for these other pictures i used about the 10% of the remaning rlm65 jar. On the wing second layer, on the engines nacelles, gear covers and nose doors three layers was already done withouth primer! For the flaps a single layer again. Also primed the fuselage with grey after corrected other putty works

The really main problem that i found to paint this beast (just few cm less than a b-52 wingspan in the same scale) is to turn it during the paint session withouth hit me or the lights up the workbench :DH: also he need to be painted as sections at time..

At the next!

Return to “Scale Plastic Aircraft Modeler Official Messerschmitt Group Build 2015”