1/48 Hawker Hurricane - Young Modellers Club

I believe all things Hawker, prop or jet....This GB is kindly being moderated by Mr. John Eaton (jeaton01)
LyleW
Admin

1/48 Hawker Hurricane - Young Modellers Club

Post by LyleW »

Sort of forgot I had this one. Found it and an old Monogram Typhoon and Tempest, too, while working on the stash. This was simply bagged and i
This is completion #5 for me this year. It has been done a couple of weeks.

No interior, a couple of missing parts (made a gear door and the mast antenna is a flat toothpick!). Just to keep the traditions going, I had to replace the small antenna on the tail and reattach the tail wheel!

Decals are the originals. Worked pretty well, until the Solvaset hit them. Most laid down, but several simply wrinkled up as if paint remover was applied. I was able to smooth that enough to be happy.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: 1/48 Hawker Hurricane - Young Modellers Club

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looks great, Lyle! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That’s always a fun one to build! Nice job on the classic Lyle! :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, gents.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Looks pretty cool Lyle
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Belongs in the Hawkerlipse Lyle! Well done.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Nice work Lyle.
LyleW wrote:Decals are the originals. Worked pretty well, until the Solvaset hit them. Most laid down, but several simply wrinkled up as if paint remover was applied. I was able to smooth that enough to be happy.
I'm assuming the decals wrinkled up and stayed wrinkled? I'm just double checking because decal solutions will often wrinkle decals during the softening process and will eventually lay down and conform to the surface. That initial wrinkling is a sign that the solution is working.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yes, in a few places, they stayed wrinkled. I chose to hide those. The roundels have some, but did lay down with an additional application...for the most part.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Way to go Lyle! That is one beautiful model! See? You can finish awesome models!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, all. It was just one to do for the sake of doing it.

Return to “The Storms of the Hawkerlypse”