Cowboy guns?

Guns, knives, bows, weapons in general.

NO Politics, None of the stuff we don't allow in other areas. Be nixe.
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Cowboy guns?

Post by Stuart »

That is just bloody terrible - that fact that people were actually using them earlier in the day and they were left unsecured during lunch is ridiculous - I wouldn't even do that with my Longbow!

I still can't fathom why they even had live rounds!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

In both my law enforcement and military careers, you NEVER allowed live ammo to be in the area for training where you would be pointing or even potentially pointing a firearm at another person. That was fanatically enforced.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I'm not surprised Stik - if nothing else it's just basic common sense.

It's the same in archery, if you're shooting and somebody enters the 200' degree arc in front of you, you don't just wait, you unhook the arrow and take it out of the bow
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Live fire firearms training is similar. Anyone gets forward of the firing line, and it is an immediate “CEASE FIRE”, weapons placed on safe, and holstered or grounded. It gets a little more complicated when doing fire and move drills, or shoot on the move drills, especially when transition between weapons types are involved, but training like that cannot be beat.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid”