Okay, this has to stop...maybe

Guns, knives, bows, weapons in general.

NO Politics, None of the stuff we don't allow in other areas. Be nixe.
LyleW
Admin

Okay, this has to stop...maybe

Post by LyleW »

What a day. Drove15miles or so to pick up the check from our refi...same amount back to the back. They told us it would be two days before we could get access to the funds. Then the girl looked at the check and said...”they didn’t sign it!”. Sure enough. Back to the attorneys office and then over to the bank a friend works for which handled the refi. They opened an account and gave us immediate access. Drove 25 miles to Bardstown, ate lunch (took way, way too long.) went to the gun store.

Got two Ruger LCP II .22lr itty bitty pistols
Got one Springfield Armory 9 mm Hellcat
Got a rifle case (10 bucks) for the 22 rifle
Got 200 rds of 9mm
Got 1,440 rounds 22lr hollow point (bucket o bulletts)
And, got another box of 500 regular 22lr

Whew.

Then we were heading to a sporting goods store to look at concealed carry purses for the wife. On the way there we get a call from the bank that we needed to come by and initial a change. Sheesh.

Got the purse and finally got home 9 hours after we left this morning. I’m tired.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Re: Okay, this has to stop...maybe

Post by Gary Brantley »

You should be tired Lyle. That is a long day for sure, but you came home with some good stuff. I have a friend who just loves his Hellcat. And he is the pickiest person I've ever known. They have gotten great reviews since they were introduced. You done good son.

My everyday carry pistol is a Taurus G2C, with 12 round capacity. It was only $200 new and I liked it so much I bought one for my daughter and another for my daughter-in-law. Both of those ladies have young kids at home and I didn't want them having loaded revolvers around...just too easy to use those. I noticed in an email that notorious price-gougers Cheaper Than Dirt had 7.62x39 (AK & SKS food) for around .36 per round. A far cry from the .08 I used to pay but it is coming down. Other calibers seem to be on the way down too. That is good news but it won't ever be "cheap" again I'm afraid.
Floki
Elite Member

Re: Okay, this has to stop...maybe

Post by Floki »

Sounds like a long day but sure did end up with some good stuff.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall

Return to “You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid”