Rules, etc.....

LyleW
Admin

Rules, etc.....

Post by LyleW »

Here you go, gentlemen.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Rules, etc.....

Post by Duke Maddog »

Seems like there aren't many rules here. I like it!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Not my circus! If someone wants to head it up, feel free.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Hi, sorry this was meant to be my spot to post rules.... I guess we are doing the built models idea then? Considering it is in the group builds section? Lyle, if that was your intention, blink twice. If not, uh, let me know. Perhaps we should do a poll, those interested can choose built or unbuilt and we go with majority rules?
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

It is here because that’s where I put it. Since it will likely cover most types, why not. A YWAY, I’ll do some cleanup on what has been submitted and move it here.

Most definitely not a true group build.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Thanks Lyle, sounds good.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

For reference - here's the rules they use over on FSM for 2020/2021

1. Sign up to participate via the forums

2. PM me with a kit or scale and area of interest for kits you would like to see in you stocking.

3. Include your full name and address for shipping of your gift, in the PM only.

4. Keep the kit request cost reasonable, many builders aren't made of money. Let's try to keep our requests in the $30-40 range. However, you are totally free to spend what you wish, just don't ask for $300 kits.

5. Sign up deadline is Thanksgiving Day, November 28th.

6. Timeline is Christmas day 2020 to Christmas Eve 2021.

Due to the need to purchase and ship gifts to arrive by Christmas, NO entries will be accepted past the deadline. It just creates too many issues.

PM me with questions and let’s do this and have some fun.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

OK wait. What's this? Secret Santa?
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

I think it would be really fun to do a secret Santa GB, I'm in!
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Modelcrazy wrote:OK wait. What's this? Secret Santa?
Y'know, you get given someones name, secretly, and you give them a gift. In this case, a kit. You don't know who has you, and the person you have doesn't know that you have them. They give someone else a gift and so forth.

Return to “Secret Santa 2021”