Rules/Guidlines - Yellow Wings and Golden Era GB

Highlighting the aircraft during the interwar period between WW 1 and WW 2. Military and civillian. There are some great and colorful subjects and a number of air racers. Tuild one, Build them all!

Runs from July 1, 2022 until December 31, 2022

Carlos Cisneros (Stikpusher) and/or John Eaton (jeaton01) are moderators of this one.
LyleW
Admin

Rules/Guidlines - Yellow Wings and Golden Era GB

Post by LyleW »

Highlighting the aircraft during the interwar period between WW 1 and WW 2. Military and civillian. There are some great and colorful subjects and a number of air racers. Tuild one, Build them all!

From the between World Wars period, 1920s to 1940.

Civil aircraft, military aircraft, racing aircraft. . . and so on.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Re: Rules/Guidlines - Yellow Wings and Golden Era GB

Post by LyleW »

Okay, this will run from

July 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Just to clarify, and for those of us from countries that turned up on time for WWII :whistle: :clockwatch: :stirpot: , do you consider the end point of the between wars period to be September 1939 or December 1941? :grin:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

You Brits are funny.

Yes.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart wrote:Just to clarify, and for those of us from countries that turned up on time for WWII :whistle: :clockwatch: :stirpot: , do you consider the end point of the between wars period to be September 1939 or December 1941? :grin:
Now now… the Chinese could argue that for them, the war started years earlier when Japan invaded China in July 1937. It took the rest of the world a couple years to catch up.
:wink: :tease:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Lol! you got me there Stik!

I'm not sure if I have anything in the stash pre-1939, and I can't check now as it's all packed up ready for the move. I'll see what I've got when I can get it all unpacked.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Historically speaking, it was the China war that got the US into WWII, not the war in Europe. Japan attacked the US over embargo’s regarding China, not due to any European reasons. Hitler’s then made the foolish mistake of declaring war upon the US a few days later, although he was not obligated under the Rome Berlin Tokyo treaty to do any such thing.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Very true. I can't remember where the 'Germany first' thought came from.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The Germany first decision was made by the bigwigs in Washington DC. The US public and the Navy were more interested in the war with Japan, but the DC brass decided that Germany first strategy would take priority. The Pacific War would later be used as a bargaining technique to get Britain to commit to the cross channel invasion sooner rather than later.

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That sounds about right, although I suspect that Germany would have ended up being a threat to the US eventually.

Return to “Yellow Wings and Golden Era GB”