IPMS Phoenix

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Stikpusher

IPMS Phoenix

Post by Stikpusher »

Tonite, after 15 months in my new home I was finally able to attend the first IPMS Phoenix in person chapter meeting that had happened in that time. The club gave the impression of being a good group of modelers. In the small world column were two other CA refugees from OC IPMS/ So. Cal. AMPS also who had moved to the area and were attending their first meeting.
Mark, this club would be a good fit for you, as there were lots of 1/72 aircraft on display or entered into the contest. There was also a lesser amount of autos, 1/35 armor, and 1/48 aircraft, in that order of quantities.
I’m looking forward to the next meeting.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: IPMS Phoenix

Post by Medicman71 »

I hear abut them all the time. Seem to be a pretty active group.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I would guesstimate that there were at least 80 people there when the meeting started. And yes, I get the impression that they are an active chapter.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Great news Stik isn't great to meet wirh people again.

Last Saturday I went to a local model club meeting for the 1st time in Hickory NC about 90 min drive.i was invited by a forum guy named "Iron Mike" I don't think he's here.But what a great group of guys,probably about 25.Was great to talk models with someone.
It was held in the back of a fully stocked Hobby Town that had everything.Also found out that Hickory has a great Aviation Museuem.I will be going again
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

That's great news Carlos! They sound like a good group of guys.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

That is awesome that you got to join those guys in a meeting! Yeah, I'd love to attend a show out there someday; I just need a place to stay for a night, otherwise I couldn't afford to go. I think I know who a couple of those SoCal ex-pats are, but feel free to mention names!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well you’re always welcome to stay here Mark. Just give me enough of a heads up so I can make sure that we have no scheduling conflicts for our guest room. It’s quite popular…lol!
Speaking of CA ex pats/refugees here now, I ran into two at the IPMS meeting. Mark Glidden and Tony Alvarez have also moved here and have joined up with IPMS. We may have the basis for an AMPS group here with some of the original Phoenix guys.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Sweet! I knew Mark Glidden was moving, but I didn't know it had happened already. Yeah, Tony's been there for awhile too. Another AMPS group in Phoenix will rock!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Modeling Discussion”