The Duke's Motor Pool in 2021 Part II

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke's Motor Pool in 2021 Part II

Post by Duke Maddog »

Some here have expressed an interest in seeing my collection that was on display at the Nationals in Las Vegas.

I took 820 small scale vehicles and armor to display on the display only tables; they took up six eight-foot-long tables. That is 13 more models than I displayed in February this year.

Here are the shots I took:

To start out with, this is the sign I made describing the collection to everyone who came in to see it:

Here are overall pics showing the entire collection, taken from two ends of the tables:

And yes, that is my completed Antonov An-124 Condor in the background of the second pic. Shows you how big that monster is.

Here is a breakdown by country of each Army starting on one side of the two-sided tables. These will be in order from right to left as you go down the tables:

United States Marines:

United States Army:

Note how I placed Annie next to Dora for a size reference. Dora may be bigger, but Annie has a much bigger Bang!

British Army:

Commonwealth, Swedes and Poles:

French Army:

Italian Army:

Japanese Army:

Israeli Army:

Going down the opposite side of the tables, we start with:

German Army:

Soviet/Russian Army:

Egyptian Army:

Iraqi Army (with a lone Indian T-90 next to it):

and the Syrian Army, such as it is:

As mentioned on the board above, this collection represents the models issued by fifty different manufacturers of small scale armor.

This will be the last time I bring this out until I break the 1000-model milestone. Circumstances will determine where that will be set up; but I seriously doubt it will ever be at another Nationals again unless they put one right in Southern California.

So, enjoy this latest tour of the Duke's Motor Pool! :bye:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Re: The Duke's Motor Pool in 2021 Part II

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice work Mark! I heard that space was at a premium there… obviously your display had something to do with it :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Mark, what a fantastic collections and cool to arrange them per country!

Looking forward to more ! :-)

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

That is so cool

Won't come out til it breaks a thousand. :bow:
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Such an impressive display! So you have to bang out another 180 or so :hmm: Give it a couple weeks :giggles:
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

keavdog wrote: So you have to bang out another 180 or so :hmm: Give it a couple weeks :giggles:

:P1:

:stirpot:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:Nice work Mark! I heard that space was at a premium there… obviously your display had something to do with it :wink:
Thanks for the compliment!

Actually, my collection was in a separate room. They had a display room all set up just for displays and there was plenty of room there. The contest room was unbelievable though! At least the size of Chattanooga's yet, so many more models on the tables!
KSaarni wrote:Mark, what a fantastic collections and cool to arrange them per country!

Looking forward to more ! :-)

- Kari
Thanks Kari! I thought arranging them by country (indicated by the flags) would make the collection all the more understandable instead of having a huge jumble of models together. It makes it look more organized somewhat too. I also did it to see the progression of each country when I add more vehicles to each one as I finish them. Stay tuned, I have at least another eight or so in progress!
tempestjohnny wrote:That is so cool

Won't come out til it breaks a thousand. :bow:
Thanks Johnny! That will definitely be a sight indeed!
keavdog wrote:Such an impressive display! So you have to bang out another 180 or so :hmm: Give it a couple weeks :giggles:
Thanks Kevin and Carlos (again!) Yeah, give it a month instead. I want to take my time and also finish a few aircraft and ships! LOL :whistle: :giggles: :outtahere:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:bow: :bow: :bow:

That is bloody awesome Mark!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Stuart! Talk about a lifetime achievement! LOL! :giggles:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Outstanding sir!!! Are there any Strykers in the US Army side?
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Modeling Discussion”