A couple oldie kits...

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

A couple oldie kits...

Post by BlackSheep214 »

... are making a comeback as a re-issue! I’ve done these in my youth years...

Foxy Box Chevy Van.

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagorie ... &so=d&pr=1

Star Trek USS Enterprise Bridge - Declan! Are you paying attention?! You know you want this! LOL!

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagorie ... &so=d&pr=1

Definitely a future purchase for me. I’ve already added them to my watch list. :lashed:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Re: A couple oldie kits...

Post by Stikpusher »

The Enterprise bridge is tempting… :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Nice stuff! I like a lot of that, but won't be able to afford it anytime soon.

On the second page of the first link there's an IDF tank crew form the Yom Kippur War for you Carlos!

The only things I see that I would most want is the BTR-50, the helicopter and the rescue boat.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Mark. I had seen those 1973 IDF tankers before. Honestly, I really don’t care for the poses of that set. They don’t really work for any of my projects. I wish that they were in more mundane poses.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

The DB-26B with drones is interesting as is the Airbus, maybe the BUFF but man those three would eat some shelf space. :giggles:
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

The bridge does look tempting...
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

There's a couple on that list. But I'm trying to not buy..........trying to not buy.
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

They finally attached a scale to the Enterprise bridge. 1/32. Can you imagine the entire ship in that scale? The 11 foot filming model was somewhere around 1/72 to 1/87. The "real" ship was 947 feet long.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

I (poorly) built that Enterprise bridge kit as a youth, perhaps it's a redemption project now as an adult...
aka Robert

"I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, I'm gettin' really good at barely gettin' by"
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

midnightprowler wrote:They finally attached a scale to the Enterprise bridge. 1/32. Can you imagine the entire ship in that scale? The 11 foot filming model was somewhere around 1/72 to 1/87. The "real" ship was 947 feet long.
Don't worry about that, someone out there will make one XD.
Personally I'd love to have a 1/72 Enterprise to go with some 1/72 aircraft.
I would want to mod the bridge set to be the refit version.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy

Return to “Modeling Discussion”