Re: Latest Acquisitions:

Your new purchase or arrival!
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

keavdog wrote:Nice score, and good to find a nice hobby shop. My wife and I are considering Arizona. Shes from VA and 7 years here in CA with the fire issues are making her buggy. I have my own reasons for wanting to leave CA.
It's been almost 2 years since I left Connecticut for Florida. I ave a house here almost twice the size of my Connecticut one and pay about 60% of the taxes. Plus no state income tax
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Carlos, that is great! Looks like you found the Arizona equivalent of Brookhurst, so to speak. Nice scores too.

Bish, looking great. I like those British subjects as well.

Johnny, I agree about Florida. I wish I could go back myself. I can't even go to Arizona; looks like I'm condemned to death to the Democratic People's Republik of Kalifornia... :headslap:

I got some things too from a fellow's estate in Florida. I hope to get them posted soon.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Sounds like a win/win to me TJ.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Stikpusher wrote:Feeling your roots Bish? :hmm: Those are some fine acquisitions! The Hunter is a beautiful aircraft... and I’ve been wanting that Scorpion kit myself since it first came out.
Ye, i am a bit. I have had a thing for the Scorpion and Chieftain ever since the 70's when i was very little and was able to climb on one of each at an event at a local park. Both were being withdrawn from service as i moved into the armoured inf role so i never got to see them in action. So getting this is well over due, just waiting now for the new AFV club Chieftain.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Duke Maddog wrote:
Bish, looking great. I like those British subjects as well.
Its only been the last few years since i left the army that i have been taking more of an interest in British subjects, especially vehicles. I really should have done it sooner, so now i am making up for lost time.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

That is awesome. I'm also waiting for the Takom 1/72 scale Chieftain set to come around where I can buy it. I need some of them!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Bish wrote: Its only been the last few years since i left the army that i have been taking more of an interest in British subjects, especially vehicles. I really should have done it sooner, so now i am making up for lost time.
You’re the opposite of me there. Sort of. I didn’t really build modern armor, just WWII, until I enlisted and reached my first line unit. I suppose that since the PX by my barracks carried (at that time) pretty much the full line of Tamiya modern AFVs was an influence as well.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

That's it? No kit of sorts? You didn't buy enough stuff, Carlos. :bored: :whistle: :giggles:

Good score though. :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Duke Maddog wrote:That is awesome. I'm also waiting for the Takom 1/72 scale Chieftain set to come around where I can buy it. I need some of them!
Is that the set with the Mk 10 and 11. I see they also do one with a Chieftain and 432. I have the 35th Mk 11 in the stash and am hoping to do that this year. After building their FV 432, i am looking forward to anotehr Takom kit.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

BlackSheep214 wrote:That's it? No kit of sorts? You didn't buy enough stuff, Carlos. :bored: :whistle: :giggles:

Good score though. :shoutout:
Yup, just supplies this time... I did not see anything on the shelves that I had to have for my stash... :whistle: Maybe next time.

FLSM

Return to “Latest Acquisitions”