Re: Latest Acquisitions:

Your new purchase or arrival!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Hmm. Must've waited too long and everything was picked over by now. Now find them on eBay. A lot of folks buy them then sell them for 2 or 3 times the amount they paid for at Ollies. :bored:

Quite a few already on eBay. Car kits anywhere from $19.00 up to $34, Rigs going upward to $40 - $60 when Ollies were selling them for $19.99 each. :bored:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Okay, here's my latest acquisitions, all from the San Diego show.

First are my two raffle prizes. I got these for putting my tickets in the Miscellaneous box, hoping to get a ship or two. Instead, I got these:

Those were taped together back-to-back. Good backups for me.

Next were these True Color Paints:

I don't expect to be using these as they are colors for cars as you can see here:

Maybe someday I'll find something to use them on. However, I'll happily sell them to anyone who wants to shoot them on their cars.

I still have two other sets of True Color Paints that were won in raffles. None of them were anything I would use either, but I do still have them.

Moving on,. I saw this old classic and had to have another one:

I plan on checking to see if the French, the Canadians, Australians or British used these. That way I can add this to the collection under one of those flags.

The last thing I got for $30.00 was this kit:

However, there are two kits in that box. The previous owner had bought the two so he could open both bomb bays on his Stealth, that left him enough parts to build two kits, which are both in that box. Now I can build two Stealth bombers and use the kit decals one one and the special IPMS Nationals decals on the other.

That's all for now. I have two other vehicles coming in soon I hope. I'll post them later.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark, the T34 Calliope launcher was strictly a US set up. Of course you can leave it off and make the tank as a standard M4A1 gun tank in any user’s colors.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I'd like to see what the colors look like.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Nice scores Mark! Get LOTS of putty for that B-2. I've heard it's a beast.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Medicman71 wrote:Nice scores Mark! Get LOTS of putty for that B-2. I've heard it's a beast.
Second that! I still have a bit lieft over. Get some bondo red, squadron green if you have any, tamiya gray, PPP white. You can have a party of colors. .

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:Mark, the T34 Calliope launcher was strictly a US set up. Of course you can leave it off and make the tank as a standard M4A1 gun tank in any user’s colors.

Thanks for that Carlos. Good to know. I may still build it as a US tank again; maybe try some different markings. We'll see.
Medicman71 wrote:Nice scores Mark! Get LOTS of putty for that B-2. I've heard it's a beast.
I already know. This ain't the first B-2 I've built. I still have my own five gallon bucket of filler from that and the Armageddon armored train I built. Thanks Lyle for posting the pic of my bucket. LOL!

Blacksheep, I don't know how I'd show you the paints. I'll see if I can paint some sample dots.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I did a small job and after filling the tank with gas, I had enough to buy these two so I did

Both of these are Aoshima and in 1/72 scale:

The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Cool vehicles Duke!
When I heard Kitty Hawk was going out of business I grabbed these. I have one more kit on the way from them

Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Great score Guys!
Stikpusher wrote: Careful now, the better looking ones tend to have an outtie instead of an innie in a terrible case of false advertising! :giggles: Working patrol on Sunset in West Hollywood is an enlightening experience :shocked:
That made me laugh - it reminded me of that bar scene in Crocodile Dundee!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Latest Acquisitions”