New floors...the saga continues

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: New floors...the saga continues

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Pffttt....how about a kitchen remodel? Those days without a stove is hell - let alone a sink. Good thing it was done during the summer months when grilling supper was easy. Those flooring are heaven on your feet. That’s what we had put on our kitchen. We also have it in our upstairs bathroom. Downstairs bathroom has 12 x 12 inch tile.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

We put down vinyl plank throughout the house. Durable waterproof to 24h and comfortable to walk on

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

LyleW wrote:... In the half bath there was rot all around the toilet....
Lyle, you need to improve your aim Dude! :giggles:

New flooring looks good!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Ahh, but I don’t use that bath! The builder simply put the toilet flange on a piece of 3/4” plywood with no bracing around it. Looks like the wax seal was bad for some time.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Lyle, did you guys replace the 3/4" oak floor with laminate? May I ask why?
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

I couldn't believe that my crew of three on Tuesday tore the carpet out of three bedrooms and installed hardwood in less then 8 hours,they were professional,quick,and respectful of our place.They even helped us position the area rug and pad my wife bought for our bedroom.Very happy with the new look.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Gary Brantley wrote:Lyle, did you guys replace the 3/4" oak floor with laminate? May I ask why?
Yes. All the 3/4" oak was pulled up. What a job that was.There were spots that were ruined and the wife was tired of it. I was getting that way, too. The vinyl plank is quite sturdy and waterproof. The oak was 2 1/4 " wide, the new flooring is 9" wide. A bit more updated look. We were going to simply put the new down over the old, but were able to save enough on the flooring to have it pulled up. Glad we did. Four areas of rotten subfloor were discovered. It would have been a disaster before too long.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Tojo72 wrote:I couldn't believe that my crew of three on Tuesday tore the carpet out of three bedrooms and installed hardwood in less then 8 hours,they were professional,quick,and respectful of our place.They even helped us position the area rug and pad my wife bought for our bedroom.Very happy with the new look.
These guys did about 70 yards in 5 hours on day one. Then came ripping out the old flooring and moving the furniture around numerous times. They did a nice job all in all.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Congratulations. I saw your initial post on Facebook, but I read through to your conclusion here. You have a beautiful home, Lyle. The care you put in to maintaining your home clearly shows. All the best.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

That floor looks great Lyle. Remodels/ home projects are sure "fun" aren't they?

Return to “Free Discussion”