Happy Father’s Day and the 10,000 post.

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Re: Happy Father’s Day and the 10,000 post.

Post by Fermis »

On mothers day...we hung out at my parents. I prepared the meats and manned the grill. Dad and I cleaned up everything. The moms got cards and gifts.
On Fathers Day...we hung out at my parents. I prepared the meats and manned the grill. Dad and I cleaned up everything. xxx xxxx xxx xxxxx xxx xxxxx
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Sounds about right. Hope your forks are doing okay.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Fermis wrote:On mothers day...we hung out at my parents. I prepared the meats and manned the grill. Dad and I cleaned up everything. The moms got cards and gifts.
On Fathers Day...we hung out at my parents. I prepared the meats and manned the grill. Dad and I cleaned up everything. xxx xxxx xxx xxxxx xxx xxxxx

Yup...
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

It's 20 years ago this year since I last spoke to my Dad - a lesson for all your fathers out there - never pick your son up off the floor by his neck and then throw him the length of the kitchen, because when he moves out afterwards you're likely not to see him again, or meet your grandchildren - ever.

I had a great day with my two kids, chilled out, went for a walk and had a Mexican for dinner!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stuart, I’m so sorry you had to endure this. Never, ever appropriate.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Stuart wrote:It's 20 years ago this year since I last spoke to my Dad - a lesson for all your fathers out there - never pick your son up off the floor by his neck and then throw him the length of the kitchen, because when he moves out afterwards you're likely not to see him again, or meet your grandchildren - ever.

I had a great day with my two kids, chilled out, went for a walk and had a Mexican for dinner!
That is F up. Congratulations on being a great father. My sister-in-law has autism I've seen how challenging that can be at times on the parents
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart wrote:It's 20 years ago this year since I last spoke to my Dad - a lesson for all your fathers out there - never pick your son up off the floor by his neck and then throw him the length of the kitchen, because when he moves out afterwards you're likely not to see him again, or meet your grandchildren - ever.

That’s a tough lesson for all involved Stuart.

It’s good to hear that you had a good Fathers Day. I did not realize that the holiday was observed in the UK.

But I gotta wonder about that poor Mexican that you had for dinner…

Dining Aztec style? :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Now, that is funny Carlos! Thanks for the good laugh! :lol:
Would he go good with a nice Chianti?

My Dad passed away on May 17, 1979. He was 55 years old and never got to see his grandchildren. He had 12 siblings and was just a marvel with children. I can close my eyes and still see him giving nieces and nephews his shiny Zippo lighter to chew on when they were teething. Wouldn't folks love that today?!? Kids loved him too and he was a great father to me, teaching me so many things.

But dying as young as he did, when I was 26 years old, sort of cheated us both. He missed so many great moments and I missed him through all of them. I never imagined that I would have to go through so many big "things" in my life without him and his counsel. The oddest part now is that I am 13 years older than he ever was.

Lyle and Stuart, I was so touched by your comments and want to say I'm sorry to hear what happened to you both. Floki, my condolences to you; I'm sorry for your loss sir.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Clint - I've very sorry to hear that.

Thanks Guys, Yeah not the best situation, but you just have to roll with what punches life throws at you, literary in my case. Its funny but I don't remember ever seeing him do it to my brother and sister, but then my parents had me when they were very young, 16 & 17 and obviously it was a shotgun wedding. When they started falling apart I got stuck in the middle, and I think a fair bit of resentment from both of them for bringing them together in the first place - like it was my fault!
First chance I got I left and haven't seen them since.

But I've got my own family now - and they're all that matters.
Stikpusher wrote:
But I gotta wonder about that poor Mexican that you had for dinner…

Dining Aztec style? :giggles:
Lol! Yep - she was very tasty in a wrap with some Salsa :lashed:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

My father's day involved putting first coat of paint on the remodeled bathroom. And going to my daughter's to put up one if those garage hanging ceiling racks.

My dad has been gone since 2015.

Clint so sorry to hear of the recent passing if your dad.

Return to “Free Discussion”