So, what’s going on this morning?

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
jeaton01
Elite Member

Re: So, what’s going on this morning?

Post by jeaton01 »

I'll give you the same advice I got in the Army...Never Volunteer!
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

keavdog wrote:Just taking care of business. These are my last 4 days before retiring - last day is 7/1 :)
Congratulations! :grin: Stay active! :wink:
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

FREEZING. MY. TITS. OFF!!!!
I went to work in 2 degrees and snow.
Its now reached the high for the day of a balmy 8 degrees centigrade.
Blustery gales off the antarctic.
Snowing on and off.
Generally a miserable day.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Been hot, humid, and muggy here the last few days here in Central New York. Temps in the 90s. More of the same today with scattered t-storms. Won't get cooler til Thursday when temps gets in the mid 70s.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

keavdog wrote:Just taking care of business. These are my last 4 days before retiring - last day is 7/1 :)

Happy retirement, tomorrow! That is awesome! So happy for you.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Texgunner wrote:Man, aren't you the earlybird Lyle! First in, first out works for me too. :grin: What car are you having serviced Lyle?

I'm having some coffee, sitting at the kitchen table reading the Austin newspaper and checking email. My wife Jackie has a consultation with an eye surgeon this morning for upcoming cataract surgery and I'll be the wheelman today. I'll be going down that path too in a few years I imagine. :wink:

Make sure that they put that drain plug back in! :headslap:
It is the only one .we have...the Nissan Rogue. Hope all goes well with the missus.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

scorpiomikey wrote:FREEZING. MY. TITS. OFF!!!!
I went to work in 2 degrees and snow.
Its now reached the high for the day of a balmy 8 degrees centigrade.
Blustery gales off the antarctic.
Snowing on and off.
Generally a miserable day.
That is just wrong. Be safe.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

It's currently 8:21AM here. Home from another shift on the taxi..........wait I mean ambulance. No, really, it's a damn red taxi. :bored:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

LyleW wrote:
Texgunner wrote:Man, aren't you the earlybird Lyle! First in, first out works for me too. :grin: What car are you having serviced Lyle?

I'm having some coffee, sitting at the kitchen table reading the Austin newspaper and checking email. My wife Jackie has a consultation with an eye surgeon this morning for upcoming cataract surgery and I'll be the wheelman today. I'll be going down that path too in a few years I imagine. :wink:

Make sure that they put that drain plug back in! :headslap:
It is the only one .we have...the Nissan Rogue. Hope all goes well with the missus.
Thanks my friend! I hope so too; it's the most performed surgery in the country I'm told. She shouldn't have any big issues but you never know.

There are lots of Rogues on the road (and a lot of those cars too :wink: ) so they must be pretty good. We've been driving Nissan family vehicles since 2001 and haven't had one major problem. Started with an Xterra, then a 2004 Maxima, then a 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5, then 2011 Maxima followed by a 2013 Max. They were all leased cars and we traded the '13 Maxima for our Infiniti QX-50.

When that lease ran out, we bought the Infiniti. That was a first for us but it had less than 30K miles after three years, has a 3.7 V6 with 325 HP, rear-wheel drive and runs 0-60 in 6 seconds. On the interstate, I set the cruise at 80 and we still get 26-28 mpg. I couldn't find anything else that performed like that...that we could afford that is. :grin: (Porsche Cayenne, I'm looking at you.) So, we kept it and bought some new tires. :lol: I hope it lasts a while now.

And that goes for my truck too; 2002 Ford F-150 4x4, 4 door. It's getting up there in age and mileage and I worry about big ticket items going bad. It's perfect for our needs and works hard at the farm so I really don't need a new one to get scratched and dented out there! I'm keeping my stiff old fingers crossed on this one. :mrgreen:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

This thing does pretty good on mileage. Got almost 40 on a 25 mile trip “out the road” to the gun store.average is right at 28.

Got my shotgun, so I guess I need a truck now.

Return to “Free Discussion”