Coffee drinkers out there?

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: Coffee drinkers out there?

Post by KSaarni »

I'm not so picky, as long as the coffee is black; e.g. no sugar, no milk, just pure coffee

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yes, that is generally trUe. Sometimes, I’ll add a bit of cream if it is bitter.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

In the fall of 1976, I went to work for a man who owned a small sheet-metal shop. He brought coffee to work each day in a big, stainless steel thermos. The morning I started, he offered me a cup and poured it in the metal cup/lid of the thermos. He drank it black, and so I did as well. We took a brief break and continued on working. I drank about half of that cup and placed it on a small shelf that held his radio. And then I forgot all about it.

He closed at 5pm everyday and at the end of my first day, he led me through the shut-down process. As I was closing the big, rolling rear door, he walked up to the radio shelf and picked up the thermos cap/cup, and in one smooth motion turned it over to screw it back on the thermos bottle. Yes, remember it still had the coffee that I had left in it from that morning. Well, that cold coffee poured down all over the front of his work shirt. :shocked:

He let out an exclamation and looked down at a huge stain all over his workshirt front. I could've fallen through that old concrete floor I was so embarrassed. Damn. My first day. He took it in good stride but you know he had to be thinking, 'I just hired this long-haired idiot and he's already ruined one of my shirts'. I've often wondered what he told his wife when he got home. :wink:

I worked for Charles Moraw for 13 years after that. I was a true "blank page" when he took me on and he, along with the old tinner he'd bought the shop from, Mr. Milush Valka, took me under their wings and taught me everything I know about sheet metal and tinsmithing. Charles became like the older brother I never had. We were great friends and I often visited him in that shop after leaving his employment. I was in the shower one morning in the fall after I retired from teaching when suddenly my wife appeared at the curtain. At work she had learned that Charles had passed away and had returned home to tell me in person. He was 76. I've still got his last telephone message on our phone recorder. Somehow, I just hate to let that go. :)
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

One addendum for all you black coffee drinkers; I discovered years ago the the combined taste of good black coffee with Chili Cheese Fritos is just amazing! Really. :lol: In fact, I just had a bowl full of those delightful snacks with my coffee this morning for breakfast! When teaching, I turned on several faculty members and a few students to that fact! :grin: Enjoy!
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Someone said beer? Yes please!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

:grin: :bye:

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

KSaarni wrote:I'm not so picky, as long as the coffee is black; e.g. no sugar, no milk, just pure coffee

- Kari
Kari, have you ever tried Turkish or Bosnian coffee? It makes Espresso taste weak… :shocked:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

No, not yet but I think can imagine how strong they are! :-D

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

That's exactly when I did it, and learned I don't need the alcohol. I like the taste so occasionally enjoy a Sharp's or something. Some people like the taste of coffee, but have adverse reactions to caffeine.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

KSaarni wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:
Kari, have you ever tried Turkish or Bosnian coffee? It makes Espresso taste weak… :shocked:
No, not yet but I think can imagine how strong they are! :-D

- Kari
Coffee that puts hairs on your hairs!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Free Discussion”